Solution Architect - Tableau Salesforce
London, England, United Kingdom
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success Group
We are currently seeking a Solution Architect to join our EMEA Professional Services division here at Tableau. Taking ownership for enabling our customers through cultural and data transformation as well as implementation; you will be an advisor and implementer of Tableau Visual Analytics products, a user-focused strategist who is guiding customers through their data transformation being the steward of Tableau methodologies. You will spend your time leading, advising and delivering fantastic solutions to our customers. Working across all industries, EMEA wide, with the flexibility to work remotely or be on a customer site depending on engagement and customer. A key aspect of Consulting at Tableau is nurturing customers to drive adoption and repeat purchases.
A Solutions Architect responsibilities will include:
- Advising, developing, and delivering analytics strategy for small to enterprise level organisations
- Delivering Tableau projects as a team leader or senior individual contributor
- Being a product expert across the Tableau platform
- Owning technical delivery such as installation, infrastructure, migration, provisioning etc.
- Owning solution delivery, such as dashboards, user enablement, centres of excellence, training, community development etc.
- Representing Tableau as an individual, part of a small or large team across multiple short-term engagements or in a single multi-year program
- Working with the sales team to scope and develop opportunities with customers
- Owning and developing customer relationships, for delivery, to foster close partnering through delivery and building follow on opportunities
- Working with our pre-sales, customer success and support teams to pro-actively support the customer through all stages of their lifecycle with Tableau
- Proactively building their skills through on the job and direct training opportunities
- Contributing to the wider knowledge pool of Tableau
Who you are…
- Experienced - Hands-on consulting experience in most of; Business Intelligence, ETL, Visual Analytics, Big Data, Data Culture, Data Transformation, Advisory Consulting
- Leader – You are able to lead customer engagements from start to finish and coordinate the resources vital to scope the requirement, document the necessary actions, deliver the engagement and follow up afterwards with a summary of work completed and next steps.
- Superb communication and presentation skills - You are comfortable presenting to business and technical audiences.
- Customer Facing – You are perfectly happy to be on customer sites, getting to grips with their challenges and helping them to build solutions to solve those challenges.
- Problem Solver - You love taking on the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
- Fast Learner - You have an appetite for new skills and the desire and ability to build your knowledge quickly.
- A True Standout Colleague - You’re great at what you do and you know how to work with your colleagues to get the best out of the team.
- Cross-Cultural - You enjoy the opportunity to travel within the UK and abroad and have experience relating to customers from a variety of European countries and cultures.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, we will ask you to look out for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
What you’ll achieve in your first year:
- Complete Tableau’s world-class, two-week boot-camp program
- Follow a 90-day ramp program
- Pass your Tableau Qualified Associate qualification (Server or Desktop, depending on role)
- Shadow a ramped consultant on customer engagements
- Lead delivery of customer engagements, with a qualified colleague for support
- Go solo on your first unsupported engagement!
- Partner with our Services and License sellers on positioning Services and scoping engagements
- Influence product direction by feeding back customer requirements from the field to our product management and engineering teams
- Work with our Customer Success team to help customers achieve amazing things with our software
- Be a valued part of our incredible Tableau community through forums, blogs and social media.
- Recruit and mentor the next generation of Tableau rock-stars
Who we are…..
Tableau is a clear market leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for BI & Analytics. We develop software that helps people to see & understand data. We’re now also part of Salesforce, one of the world’s largest cloud-based software groups.
Not only do Tableau have world-class products, Tableau is also one of the most in-demand and fastest growing marketable skill in the world!
At Tableau, who we are is as important as what we do, and Tableau’s Core Values sets the stage for all employees. We’re always on the mission to collaborate and provide world-class products. Through respect, honesty and just keeping it simple, it makes delighting our customers easy!
- Passionate about making a difference in the world by helping people see and understand their data?
- Motivated by building successful customer solutions based around innovative, market-leading technology?
- Excited to join the best Professional Services team in the business where coming to work is more than just a job?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.