Senior Salesforce Release Administrator
Reston, Virginia, United States
$78,526 - $114,683
As a Senior Salesforce Release Administrator at Octo, you will be focused on supporting a SFDC platform at the Department of Veterans Affairs in a high-demand customer success environment. Responsibilities may include deploying code changes in different environments for testing and production environments through Copado, end user support, troubleshooting, and managing security settings in Salesforce. This position will offer direct exposure to our core business with a focus on ensuring customer success with scalable solutions, processes, and applications.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Analyzing organization capabilities in order to suggest process and performance improvement
- Support the daily cross-functional operational readiness of VA’s shared Salesforce.com platform.
- Managing the lifecycle of change requests and deploying any changes to Production.
- Define and implement standardized deployment schedules that deliver hotfixes, minor, medium, and major releases (using GitHub, Copado, and Salesforce methods).
- Maintain the integrity of services integrated with our cloud environments, including proprietary in-house systems and external integrations.
- Act as a Salesforce SME and participate in the planning and analysis of business requirements for system changes and enhancements when needed.
- Evaluate new Salesforce releases and applications, participate in plans for their implementation, and remain current with Salesforce administration best practices.
- Provide Salesforce development best practice insight for secure application development and release management.
- Perform regression testing and validation of Salesforce configuration and development.
- Packaging the implementation of a release in Git/Copado, merging with upstream work, resolving conflicts, coordinating tasks with the development team, maintaining a pre/post deployment checklist and deploying to sandboxes.
- Troubleshoot and complete complex data loads.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator (required).
- Experience with Salesforce App Exchange products
- Service desk or other experience working in a customer service capacity.
- Knowledge of SFDC configuration including the use of third-party tools (Salesforce development experience a plus but not required).
- Experience working in the government sector or multiple Salesforce org environment a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot complex data loads (e. g. governor limits, performance, process builders, apex timeouts)
- 5+ years of related deployment experience in complex environment.
- Some familiarity with Agile project management and sprint planning.
- Experience with data migration into SFDC for objects including but not limited to accounts, contacts, cases, leads, and opportunities and custom objects.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Highly skilled in interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, math, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting.
Salesforce Application Builder Certification
Years of Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience.
Education: BA/BS degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.