Woburn, Massachusetts, United States
$79,906 - $111,789
IT Developer Wanted for the #1 MA-based Solar Installer
Boston Solar is the #1 residential solar company based in Massachusetts, with over 4,500 installations in 10 years. We are proud to power Massachusetts, a state that continues to lead the nation in solar installations. We provide superior products, exceptional customer service and the highest quality workmanship.
Hybrid- some office visits will be required. Need to be able to commute to Woburn.
TITLE: IT Developer
SUPERVISOR: Director, Technology & Insights
Job summary— The IT Developer at Boston Solar is primarily responsible for Salesforce design and development, as well as evaluation of and deployment within variety of other platforms, processes, and data architectures for Boston Solar. Our small but talented team works across all company technologies, ranging from hardware and network infrastructure to CRM and business automations and more.
Essential functions—detailed tasks, duties, and responsibilities.
- Salesforce CRM design, development and administration of data and workflow architecture, including both standard and custom API integrations and Apex code.
- Case-based analysis and problem-solving, responsive support and implementation, and process change management for users across the company.
- Project management for assigned in-process tickets and other deliverables, drive stakeholder communications, and ensure timely implementation to scope.
- Support departmental administration for suite of business applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Outlook 365, Avaya phone systems, Custom Web Applications, and more.
- Support departmental troubleshooting for a wide variety of computers, servers, network equipment, and peripherals as needed.
- End-to-end evaluation of business technology and data along with research on new software opportunities related to immediate and long-term needs.
- Spearhead development on business-critical items. Examples include identification and implementation of new inventory system, integration of data from distinct databases, identification of efficiency opportunities and deployment of system-level automations, etc.
- Meet weekly with Technology team members and department supervisor.
- Report on weekly prioritization, project statuses, and throughput.
- Other duties as needed.
Competency or position requirements—knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Passion and for solar and other renewable energy solutions
- Curiosity and desire to learn new technologies and systems
- Ability to teach non-technical employees concerning use of technology and systems
- Ability to prioritize tasks and goals, and communicate effectively with team members
- Robust time-management skills
- Superb communication skills, able to set expectations and understand audience
- Excellent investigative and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in a dynamic and growth-oriented environment
- Positive, team-building attitude
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and system integrators
- Motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
Education and experience—required levels.
- 3+ years of experience in Salesforce design or development role
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications
- Experience in troubleshooting a variety of technical devices
- Full Stack web development experience preferred
- Solid understanding of Windows OS’s and peripherals preferred
- Good grasp of phone systems and networks preferred
- Coding knowledge including APEX, other back-end platforms preferred
- Salesforce CRM Certification required, see below
Certifications—candidates should possess one or more of the following
- Salesforce: Platform Developer (I, II)
- Salesforce: Architect (Application, System, B2B, B2C, Technical)
- Salesforce: Strategy Designer
Physical factors— indoor, at a desk, occasional lifting (less than 30 pounds)
Working conditions—largely remote work with occasional in-office hours, flexible work time based on company need and deliverables.
WHAT WE OFFER: *
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off plus 8 federal holidays
- Comprehensive medical plans
- Life insurance. Short-term and long-term disability insurance. Accident insurance. Critical Care and Cancer insurance coverage
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time