Energy and Utilities Solution Architect, Salesforce Industries
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success Group
Salesforce Industries is looking to expand our Customer Success team by hiring talented and enthusiastic Industry Solution Architects .
Salesforce Industries’ goal is to deliver rapid, value-driven customer solutions for complex business problems. Our Industry Solution Architects play a key role in determining the optimal use of the Vlocity product in the customer environment.
We are looking for industry experts who are passionate about digital transformation of energy and utilities and customer experience. Your responsibility is to understand the customer’s business requirements, design, and configure the desired solution.
This is a focused team of industry experts whose mission is to work with our largest and most important customers and implementation partners to deliver solutions that delight the customers.
- Effective in working with customers, including business executives, business analysts, and IT development staff
- Effective in understanding business needs and distilling the information into business and technical requirements
- Comfortable working with complex business requirements and translating into the design of solutions, user stories, business rules, etc.
- Speed is paramount. This team is nimble and is the fulcrum to accelerate the delivery of the solution for customers.
- A collaborative and empathetic relationship with the business stakeholders will be central to your role. Your commitment to their success should never be in doubt.
- You’ll be a key channel back to the Salesforce Industries product management team as they look to drive innovation and improvements into future releases of Industry Cloud products.
- If you enjoy working with customers to help them succeed and thrive on working with leading-edge technologies, this is the role for you.
- This role will require travel to customer locations.
- You will have 5+ years of experience of working on deployment teams, ideally using Agile development technique
- You will have in depth knowledge of implementing Utility industry front office and back office processes (e.g. Start/Stop, Move in/out, Pay Plan, Rate Plan, Payment acceptance, Billing Dispute resolution)
- You have designed and implemented energy efficiency enrollment and energy credits qualification and application processes
- You will have functional knowledge of energy trading models, supporting factors and designed CPQ solutions and interfaces between various systems
- Functional knowledge of energy industry contracting processes
- You will have a proven track record of successful delivery of customer projects, preferably enterprise CRM implementations for Energy and Utility industry - ideally within a range of energy companies (Retail, Residential and C&I, regulated and deregulated, utility generators and providers, etc)
- You will have direct experience in working with Salesforce (at an Admin level, minimum)
- You’ll be a self-starter, adept at picking up new skills and technologies, and eager to break new ground
- You’ll have excellent communication skills to communicate with customers, partners, and internal team members
- You’ll have the vision to help us take our company to the next level
- In-depth knowledge of key product models in Energy and Utilities industry
- Project management tools and best practices
- Data modeling
- Systems analysis and design
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business or a related field
- Salesforce Sales/Service Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Administrator
- Salesforce Developer
- Certified Scrum Master / Certified Product Owner
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.