New York, New York State, United States
$78,812 - $137,192
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year – and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
NOTE: As a NYC contracted agency all positions at Good Shepherd Services fall under the NYC vaccine mandate. All employees, volunteers and interns must show proof of vaccination upon hire.
Overview: Reports to: SALESFORCE ADMIN MANAGER
Location: 305 Seventh Avenue, New York, New York 10001
Hours: 35 hours, non-exempt
Job Summary: GSS is currently migrating multiple business processes into Salesforce. This includes Case Management (Using Exponents Case Management App) for 70+ programs with existing data migrated from an ETO data system, risk management for tracking 1,800+ participant incidents per year, and a system for incorporating our public/private funding streams and contract management for those streams. Private funding is currently tracked in Raiser’s Edge, that information will get migrated over to Salesforce as well. We have contracted with Exponent Partners to assist with the implementation. The new Salesforce developer will closely collaborate with the existing salesforce Administrator, Exponent and Salesforce staff as well as the internal GSS business process owners.
The Salesforce Developer will be a key contributing member of the implementation team. They will drive system development/build-out both as a team member and independently. After implementation, the Salesforce Developer will have the responsibility of some technical support, interconnectivity between Salesforce and other systems, coordination of user permissions, report development and change requests.
Under the supervision of the Salesforce Admin Manager, this position is responsible for all areas of Salesforce that includes testing, design, integration, automation and analysis to the business process owners.
- Creating complex workflows
- Creating triggers
- APEX development
- Development of visualforce pages and Lightning components
- Proficiency in Salesforce Lightning Flows
- Transform business objectives and functional requirements into technical Salesforce solutions.
- Interface with end users and to understand feature requirements and/or address support issues and work collaboratively with our business process owner teams on more complex requests & issues.
- Integration with other systems
- Performing reviews of the data
- Migrate data from our existing systems into our Salesforce database
- Debugging, testing and implementing applications
- Installation and post implementation testing
- Producing technical documentation
- Create documentation, maintaining standardization and looking for ways to continuously improve processes & procedures.
- Providing technical plans/solutions to business teams
- Work with Salesforce.com support to troubleshoot issues and maintain smooth operation and performance of the platform.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification required (CSA)
- Three (3) – Five (5) years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator and Developer.
- Proficiency with NPSP Package - desired
- Exponent Case Management (ECM) knowledge desired.
- Form Titan knowledge desired.
- BS degree preferred.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to write technical and non-technical documentation.
- Organized and able to track/report on multiple tasks.
- Experience with agile development process and system development life cycle is a plus.
- General knowledge of programing practices and languages is a plus.
Additional Information: Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Good Shepherd Services