Sr. Salesforce Certified Administrator
Troy, MI, USA
Our Salesforce mortgage team members are a passionate group of dedicated individuals steeped in the Salesforce ecosystem. We are looking for an experienced and innovative Sr. Salesforce Certified Administrator to join our team. Focused on the Mortgage vertical, this position offers diverse and dynamic opportunities to build a rewarding and recognized long term career on the leading edge of Salesforce.com and FinServ technology with one of the largest financial institutions in the country.
Responsible for understanding and supporting the business of Flagstar Bank through the design, development, and implementation of applications, application enhancements and new capabilities. This position is expected to provide technical innovation in every stage of the development lifecycle, from analysis and design to program coding, testing, release and maintenance while adhering to current System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes. You will work closely with the Salesforce Center of Excellence, business users and leadership, and Flagstar’s world class Salesforce team to identify, develop and deploy new business process solutions.
Job Responsibilities:Technical Design / Technical Leadership
- Translates business and technical requirements into designs that satisfy the business needs and comply with approved standards.
- Ensure all code designs are reviewed and approved with the internal architecture team, where applicable.
- Ensure all code designs meet or exceed application performance expectations.
- Participate and/or host technical discussions/topics during Design Review sessions.
- Participate and offer insight during SFDC cross team community meetings.
- Work hand in hand with business analyst and development team members in defining customer requirements as technical design.
- Achieved influence on the innovation roadmap through recognition and solution design.
- Provide SFDC Admin perspective and input during brainstorming and “Art of the Possible” innovation engagements with stakeholders as well as targeted solution discussions alongside BA resources.
- Engagement and participation in technical leadership discussions across responsible Mortgage environments, however broadened engagement is expected among our Sr. team members. Recognizing the leadership and strategic influence as a Sr. member of our team, balanced and broader understanding is expected. Building partnerships, exhibiting sound decision making, gaining trust and credibility with our customers and leadership alike.
- Mentorship of new or inexperienced team members. As a Sr. member of our team, you are expected to be an ambassador of your knowledge. Whether a direct “role-mate” or cross educating other team members. An inherent desire to share and help others advance, without ego, without arrogance or narcissism, but a genuine desire to grow our collective understanding and advance is at the core of our team culture.
- An always present awareness of opportunities to retire/replace/renew obsolete or stale methodology and retire technical debt. It is our collective responsibility to remain diligent in identifying previous solutions that based on today’s advancements (alongside the 3 major SFDC annual releases) or changes in methodology, we can improve the efficiency, controls, operation, or cleanliness of previously released solutions.
- Declarative Development (page layouts, fields, views, validation rules, formula fields, process builder and advanced functions specific to the platform).
- Develops and enhances applications and data architecture to meet or exceed business requirements and performance standards.
- Upholds and advances appropriate functional and design testing standards that adhere to SFDC development best practices, ensuring all the code deliveries are performing to specification and meet code coverage requirements. Collaboration with BA team members in high rigor testing approaches.
- Ensure all code/solution development follows internal best practice standards for version control. This includes checking in code component for every assigned requirement with the appropriate notations regarding how and why a particular issue was fixed or enhancements introduced.
- Manage multiple streams of development for a given application.
- While having primary environmental responsibilities, it is expected that our Sr. team members maintain familiarity with functions and architectures across all areas of Mortgage and the SFDC environments we support.
- Lead validation efforts by performing and/or assisting others in validating the solution performs as expected. This includes, and is not limited to, system integration testing, performance testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing, and defect remediation.
- Take a lead role in the development and implementation of automated testing solutions alongside the TCOE team members.
- Aids in a host of production support activities that include Break/Fix support, maintenance upgrades, transition activities, audit and compliance support, small enhancements, etc. Create and maintain system documentation and training materials.
- Collaboration with Sprint coordinators and BA staff to ensure timely and disciplined environment progression coordination.
- Ensure all code/solution development meets/exceeds all internal change control protocols and policies.
- Takes the initiative to focus on self-study for skills enhancements. Includes Trailheads for Salesforce, Certification exam prep, job related tools such as Atlassian suite, ETL tools, ITIL Foundations, project management methodologies, etc.
- Leverages corporate provided self-development resources such as LinkedIn Learning and our special offerings through HR.
- Further seeks opportunities through external or third-party solutions or training to advance leadership and operations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Math or related field plus 4 years of SFDC Administration/Development experience required – OR - 7+ years of comparable work experience
- Salesforce Admin Certification required – OR - 5+ years SFDC Admin capacity/declarative development experience, App Builder certifications are a strong plus
- 4+ years of SFDC Admin/ Declarative Development experience (5 years without Admin Cert)
- 4+ years of experience in Dev Ops/SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall)
- Min 3 years of experience with web services, executing calls and interpreting responses (SOAP or REST)
- Experience designing and building technical solutions using Salesforce technologies; demonstrated strength in declarative Development and design acumen
- Strong understanding of the customary Salesforce data architecture and data relationship capabilities and limitations
- Strong communicator - Ability to communicate in writing, verbally, visually, and technically to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner
- Advanced understanding of SFDC declarative development and administration utilities such as process builder, workflows, approval processes, and custom labels
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong analytic skills with experience in applying root cause analysis
- Evidenced experience with incident management a plus
- Experience across various Software Development Methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, Scrumban, Waterfall, etc. (Agile target)
- Experience building, writing and executing test cases a plus