Salesforce Developer - Opportunity for Working Remotely Austin, TX
Austin, Texas, United States
$55,639 - $133,645
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The Chief Digital Transformation Office (CDTO) offers an opportunity to shape and drive VMware’s Digital Transformation to enable Operations to scale and support VMware’s growth.
We are part of GCA Engineering team responsible for accelerating digital transformation of VMware’s GTM, Customer experience businesses by providing technical leadership to implementing scalable technical solutions for the critical business initiatives.
We are on an initiative to help expand VMware’s GTM business by providing appropriate tools that will lay foundation for SAAS offerings thereby improving the business process efficiency and effectiveness.
As a Salesforce Developer, you will get an opportunity to work on enterprise class, modern application ecosystem to apply your knowledge, explore new functional/technical domains
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Implementing technical solutions using industry best practices
- Contribute to developing product vision for Sales implementation on force.com
- Responsible for ensuring the right level of non-functional needs such as quality, scalability, performance, flexibility, modularity, maintainability etc.
- Develop prototypes for new foundational product capabilities.
- Research force.com capabilities, new features as needed to suit business requirements
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Review and analyze business requirements and provide feedback to product owners in line with the product vision.
- Document design and work with the Salesforce developers, integration teams, downstream system teams to implement technical solution
- Prepare technical specifications, detailed design documents, and developing test cases
- Partner closely with the QA team during the build, test and UAT cycle to ensure build quality.
- Follow SDLC processes and tools, Iterative Design & Prototyping (Agile)
- Working with Salesforce platform features
- Having a toolkit development that includes APEX, Lighting, SOQL, force.com, and integrations.
- Collaborate with DevOps and release management team to promote the build to production.
- Post-production support.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
This role will be reporting to the Sr. Manager, IT who is responsible for providing solutions to Sales business and drives technical side of transformational business programs on force.com. The team structure is flat with access to all the leaders and their teams. We expect you to take advantage of this diverse work culture to develop yourself into a senior technical member who will execute future state technical vision with end-to-end ownership.
Where is this role located?
Remote: this role is fully remote and can be done anywhere in US or Canada.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO) that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S. based VMware employees will need to be fully vaccinated by January 4th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-11-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.