Salesforce Developer (REMOTE)
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
$58,595 - $83,967
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
The Salesforce developer is a member of a highly engaged team driving visible Salesforce initiatives across the organization including building applications on the Force.com platform and supporting integrations with Salesforce
This position will work alongside Salesforce Administrators and Salesforce Business Analysts. The person will be responsible for developing development estimates and technical design and development of customizations, extensions, configurations, and integrations of the Salesforce platform. The person will also be responsible for maintaining change management and maintaining the technical system landscape.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with business analysts and administrators to determine technical requirements and participate in application design, configuration, testing and deployment
- Develop and customize products on the Force.com platform using Apex and Visual Force
- Create/modify existing controllers, controller extensions, and triggers across all Salesforce platforms.
- Assist with the planning of application changes, development, and installation of upgrades and new releases.
- Participate in efforts to develop and execute testing, training, and documentation
- Participate in the sales cycle as needed (solution definition, estimating and project planning)
- Utilize best practices to perform operational support, enhancements, bug fixes as needed to theSalesforce.com platform
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) to maintain updated ticketing for events, incidents, requests, changes, problems, etc.
- Proactively engage on continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts.
- Provide technical assistance and end user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” assistance.
- Act as a point of escalation for advanced issue resolution.
- Experience in migrating data and customizations across Salesforce environments
- Ensure service level availability of the Force.com platform and integration applications and provide on-call support as required for break/fix/enhancement activities to resolve application issues.
3-year experience working on the Salesforce platform with Force.com developer toolkit - Apex, VisualForce,Force.com IDE, Force.com Migration Tool
Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification
Direct experience working on CRM projects for middle market and enterprise size companies
Working knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration as well as object-oriented design patterns and development
Software engineering skills with Force.com Platform (Apex, VisualForce, SOQL, Unit Testing)
Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools
Experience with development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based support environment
Interested in developing their professional network through participation in technology user groups, networking events, and technology organizations.
Must demonstrate a willingness to put in the extra effort (extended work hours, participate in events outside of standard working hours) as needed
5+ years’ experience with Force.com developer toolkit - Apex, VisualForce, Force.com IDE, Force.com Migration Tool, Web Services & Metadata APIs
Salesforce Platform Developer II Certification
Current Salesforce certifications (e.g. App Builder, Platform Developer I. Platform Developer II a bonus)
Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
Additional experience with other business software packages is an advantage (SAP, Infor, Microsoft CRM,InterAction, SalesLogix, Oracle, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree - Computer Science, MIS or equivalent
General Job Requirements
- This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal physical demands.
- Must be able and willing to do overnight travel
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/Minority/Female/Vets/Disabled
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination