Salesforce Administrator I
Fairfield, Iowa, United States
At Cambridge, our purpose is to make a difference in the lives of our financial professionals, their investing clients, and our associates. Our values of integrity, commitment, flexibility, and kindness continue to guide us in the decisions we make together every day. For 39 years we’ve delivered innovative financial solutions while offering exciting career opportunities with ongoing professional development.
A national leader as a financial solutions firm, Cambridge’s commitment to long-term professional development in a unique small-town community makes this a one-of-a-kind opportunity. Cambridge has been honored nine times by our associates as a ‘Top Workplace in Iowa’, and 12 times as ‘Broker-dealer of the Year’ by our financial professionals through Investment Advisor magazine. We are recognized among the leading firms in the financial advice industry as we serve over 3,500 independent financial professionals and hundreds of thousands of their investing clients across the country.
- Answer and problem-solve incoming telephone, e-mail and in-person technical support requests from associates professionally and courteously to facilitate timely resolution
- Play a key role implementing our Salesforce architecture
- Perform Salesforce administrator functions including maintenance/updates, system backups, security, roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups;
- Provide change logs and documentation on updates made to the platform including but not limited to; user audit trails, workflow processes, reporting, and analytics;
- Serve as primary system administrator for our Mulesoft environments
- Manage security and logs of Mulesoft solution
- Address user questions, aggregate and prioritize user feedback, and plan and implement Salesforce enhancements based on personal expertise, user feedback and organizational goals;
- Document and train staff on system best practices and processes;
- Serve as primary system administrator for our Salesforce environments
- Monitor new Salesforce release features and functionality and provide recommendations for process improvement
- Review, recommend and implement new system features and updates; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experiencePreferred Skills:
Prior Salesforce experience required
Cambridge Investment Research, Inc.