SalesForce Solutions Architect
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
How will your role impact First Command?
The Salesforce Solutions Architect (SSA) reports to the Assoc. Director of Solution Architecture in the BIS organization. The SSA role focuses on collaboration and problem solving, specific to Salesforce Platform Architecture and ensuring that the dependent systems are architected with Platform specific best practices and support the organization's business requirements and meet the needs of end users. The Salesforce Solution Architect's primary focus is to work in conjunction with agile teams to assist Salesforce Platform specific Implementations and integrations with existing applications, systems, and/or platforms. This SSA may be called upon to facilitate cross systems or platform discussions, develop specifications, and contribute to reusable design approaches.
The Salesforce Solutions Architect requires deep knowledge and skills in Salesforce Platform Implementation. To be effective the SSA must have experience how applications, data, infrastructure, and cloud architectures play along well with Salesforce platform technologies and be comfortable with complex systems design. The SSA must be a technologist who has been in design and implementation leadership roles on multiple projects throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The SSA must be able to communicate ideas and share information with executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources across various teams clearly and concisely. It is imperative that the members of the Architecture team collaborate with business representatives and technical project teams, enabling effective and efficient solutions that align with the business objectives. The SSA role will work to set and align Platform architecture direction with business strategies.
What will you be doing?
- Own the architecture and design for all the features that belong to Platform architecture in designated area
- Collaborate with technical, project, and business stakeholders to solve business needs and ensure solution architecture is aligned with business drivers
- Drive architectural processes that enables effective delivery of non-functional requirements
- Produce high level system designs and facilitate necessary conversations to support the implementation
- Participate in design reviews to assist in ensuring uniform enterprise application design standards
- Provide consultation and strategic direction within assigned area of expertise
- Help to develop, maintain, and communicate the enterprise application framework
- Participate in development and review of the Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan for solutions in area of responsibility
- Participate in industry forums and proactively evaluate technology market trends for area of responsibility
- Ensure that all systems and architectural documentation are kept up to date with current and future states
- Initiate and facilitate proofs of concept to assess new technology, where and when applicable
What skills/qualifications do you need?
- College Degree in computer science or information systems preferred
- 6-8 years of progressive experience in a technology environment, including application development
- 3-5 years of experience in implementation Salesforce platform and relevant integrations
- 3-5 years of experience with systems analysis and design
- 2-3 years of experience in a leadership role (team lead, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to design major architectural aspects of an application covering all areas of architectural domains (Application, middleware/services, data, infrastructure, and Cloud)
- Self-motivated with strong sense of accountability, initiative, and the ability to work collaboratively to attain results that meet the business needs
- Strong understanding of network, computing infrastructure, software, and application development environments
- Must have strong technical knowledge around CRM implementations like Salesforce, systems and data integration along with cloud enablement
First Command Financial Services, Inc.