Salesforce Architect Leader
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States
$79,182 - $149,070
The Salesforce AMS Architect is a leader in the Salesforce practice reporting to the Practice Leader. They are responsible for providing technical guidance for defining, developing and delivering differentiated offerings that focus on winning in markets and delivering exceptional engagement experiences. They will support the Offering Leader to deliver innovative, industry-relevant offerings and drive business value for our clients. The role is accountable for key outcome metrics, including customer satisfaction, revenue and profitability of assigned offerings. The architect will perform the Salesforce Solution Architecture and Governance activities. They will help the delivery teams with deeper knowledge and insights into Salesforce solution delivery, production support, productivity, automation and DevSecOps questions and clarifications.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Articulate markets and define competitive landscape for Salesforce AMS. Identify improved ways of delivering Salesforce AMS services from IBM locations and offshore CICs.
- Develop the technical aspects of the go-to-market offering in conjunction with geo/market leaders, including CICs and SIH. Focus on rapid demonstration of value. Establish geo/markets feedback loop and adjust based on insights from the field.
- Work with the SIH Solutioning team to ensure that the solution approach is continually differentiated with value added features, and the solution cost is always competitive with higher degree of productivity/automation metrics as our delivery capabilities and automation assets become more mature and prevalent.
- Build relationships with Salesforce AMS’ Sales and Product Development teams to understand their roadmap, go-to-market focus, and ensure our offerings are complementary.
- Expand the eminence of IBM’s Salesforce AMS practice in the marketplace by presenting at conferences/clients, publishing blogs/articles and assisting with Analyst Relations.
- Innovate with established and emerging technology (software, hardware and services). Set up governance model for development of new offerings or enhancement of existing offerings, including method, tools and POCs. Champion strategic initiatives, partnerships and acquisitions.
- Partner with geo/markets to ensure capabilities are in place to leverage offerings (e.g., go-to-market approach, delivery skills and capabilities). Work with global L&K and Marketing for internal and external enablement sessions around offerings.
- Interlock with other Leaders to ensure alignment and consistency across Sales and Delivery organizations.
- Work with Marketing to launch external market campaigns and internal campaign, e.g., EA Attach.
- Own and manage the maintenance of Offering Assets/Sales Collateral on Expert Hub.
- Assist in strategic sales efforts as necessary.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Salesforce architecture.
- Experience with off-platform systems, integration, securing access between systems as well as managing governance and testing capabilities for deployment and ongoing Salesforce modification requirements.
- Deep understanding of native Salesforce features and functionality, role hierarchy, data model, and appropriate sharing mechanisms.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Past experience in managing Sales or Delivery of Salesforce AMS projects.
- 15 years of experience preferred
- Experienced AMS architect in Salesforce application support and iterative development of enhancements.
- Ability to design and enhance Salesforce monitoring and automation solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to work with cross-functional teams across different geographies.
- Ability to articulate market problems to the team and developing differentiated winning offerings.
- Demonstrate offering capabilities and value proposition to external stakeholders (customers, partners, and analysts), analyzing feedback to identify potential gaps or opportunities and make recommendations on how to address them.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we're also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it's time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.