Technical Program Manager, MuleSoft, a Salesforce Company
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
$83,269 - $154,324
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
In this critical Technical Program Manager (TPM) role you will join our fast-growing team to drive delivery of key organizational and infrastructure initiatives! You will partner closely with our Infrastructure Engineering teams to define business outcomes and work across the Product Organization to identify owners and drive platform, product, policy, and process changes to meet Trust goals. You will handle sophisticated dependencies and aggressive timelines to help product teams realize requirements. You will collaborate with engineering services team to define key metrics, design and implement processes that track those metrics, and develop automated reporting for increased transparency. The position requires working cross-functionally with MuleSoft senior product leadership (C-level & SVP) as well as product managers and team leads from engineering, architecture, user experience, product marketing, sales, technical field and back-office teams.
Product Programs at MuleSoft spans from portfolio management through to product, customer and company readiness, including field enablement and customer validation. TPMs are great teammates who support and protect our core values, respect for our people, and keep trust first and foremost throughout the program lifecycle! The ideal candidate must enjoy being challenged, learning-by-doing, working as a team, using data to advise decisions, and have excellent communication and people skills. You're a great fit for this role if you have experience working across the software development lifecycle from incubation to operation, hold an analytic approach, are a partner wrangler, a strong communicator and a driver of collaborative change management processes.
Program Manager Responsibilities
- Be a trusted partner to initiative owners to break down and coordinate work into an effective plan
- Be the voice of the program: communicate plan, progress, changes, and information to keep partners informed & engaged
- Drive execution including change management and enablement
- Facilitate cross-functional teamwork & the development of cross-team dependency solutions
- Ensure clear decision making (process, tools and facilitation) required to balance risk, effort and timelines
- Design and roll out internal process workflows and metrics with consideration for data collection, data quality and monitoring tools and/or dashboards
- Lead and implement process improvements (change management) while leading active projects
- Provide mentorship and coaching to help teams understand and embrace standard methodologies
- Ensure visibility of work and its status in our systems of record
- Proactively identify and track risks and mitigations
- Conduct retrospectives and gather feedback and data on program success metrics
- Ensure appropriate, effective communication across technical and non-technical partners
- Guide timely escalation and/or negotiation up the chain when needed
- 5+years experience leading technical, complex initiatives & projects from initiation to completion for a SaaS/PaaS based organization
- Outstanding problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment to handle issue resolutions
- Proven track record to effectively prioritize and coordinate your work and the work of others in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to execute and manage performance and expectations within a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Experience working with software incubation projects & lifecycle management
- Experience collaborating across timezones and cultures to achieve success as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform business / systems analysis to assist with process solutions
- Experience in site reliability, platform security, or delivery pipelines
- Familiarity with MuleSoft a strong plus
- Experience with using JIRA (or GUS)
- Experience practicing principles of Lean and Agile and how to blend with traditional project management standard methodologies
- Certifications in one or more: Agile Scrum Master, Kanban, Scaled Agile, APMG, Six Sigma Belts
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.