Solution Engineer - Insurance, Salesforce Ind.
New York, New York State, United States
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Solutions Engineer - Insurance - Mid/Central US - Salesforce Industries
Salesforce Industries is hiring Solutions Engineers for our Insurance vertical throughout North America. Our Solutions Engineers are deep product and industry experts who are teamed with our account executives to develop sales strategies and solutions that address customer needs in new and existing accounts. This role will interact primarily with Fortune 1000 (Enterprise) clients and will require effective communication skills, the ability to deliver dynamic software demonstrations and a confident knowledge of the related industry processes and best practices. This role requires that you are experienced and comfortable working with deals of all sizes and a comfort interacting with levels ranging from individual contributors to CEO’s of large corporations. Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing pre-sales / SE leadership in a teaming environment
- Articulating the Salesforce Industries’ value proposition and vision to our Insurance customers / prospects
- Configuring and presenting software demonstrations that are both functionally compelling and most importantly, relevant to the specific business processes of interest to the customer / prospect
- Developing technical peer relationships in key accounts
Additional Responsibilities / Expectations
- Understand customer needs through detailed discovery of their industry processes to identify value and challenges that can be addressed with the Salesforce Industries platform
- Develop high-quality presentations, proposals and software demonstrations for a specific customer / prospect
- Work with the sales team to build, manage and maintain customer relationships
- Work closely with the Sales Director and Director of Solution Engineering to prioritize opportunities
- Be responsible for the 'technical win' by providing functionally compelling and relevant demonstrations
- Provide customer feedback to the product management and engineering teams to capture new customer requirements and enhancements
- Lead and collaborate with interdisciplinary project teams
- Provide recommendations for overcoming technical sales objections
- Bias to making those around you successful; you are comfortable working as a team player and a mentor in a fast-growing organization
- Contribute to building a positive, can-do, high-performance culture
- Demonstrate a proven track record of successful delivery of customer projects, preferably enterprise CRM implementations
- 7-9+ years of software sales consulting
- Proven success as a sales consultant at other software companies
- Experience working in a fast moving, agile company and sales team
- Experience configuring and demonstrating the Salesforce Sales or Service Cloud Apps, or a similar leading CRM application is preferred
- Strong understanding of modern systems architecture including on-premise and cloud-based systems
- Technical proficiency with Salesforce configuration and components (service cloud and force.com including APEX, VisualForce and Lightning components)
- Expert knowledge of the complete sales lifecycle with extensive experience responding to sales RFIs / RFPs and configuring software demos at very high levels of quality
- Capability to translate business requirements into compelling software demonstrations
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- High degree of confidence in presenting software demos and leading technical pre-sales discussions
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.