Salesforce Administrator, Revenue Operations
Chicago, Illinois, United States
$59,526 - $106,200
From the start, we've made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. With our most recent round of funding, we're expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school. Learn more about Handshake's $80M Series E funding round.
Handshake is the largest early career network, helping millions of students from all backgrounds get hired and launch their careers with no connections, experience, or luck required. The Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni (9 million active students & alumni) from 1,400 educational institutions including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with 600,000+ employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Salesforce Administrator reporting to the Business Systems Manager on the Revenue Operations team. In this role, you will play a central part in helping the employer sales team use Salesforce to achieve Handshake's mission of democratizing opportunity. This will include working directly with end users and Handshake leadership to ideate, build, improve, and operationalize processes within Handshake's existing Salesforce infrastructure. You will work alongside Sales, Data Analysts, Product & Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Security, and Customer Success to build efficient and scalable solutions in our Salesforce system. You will also assist with requirements gathering, implementation, and administration of new systems and software for the employer sales team, and you will grow to become an expert in many of Handshake's go-to-market systems.
- Daily administration and support of Salesforce.com objects, fields, layouts, record types, workflow rules, process flows, custom list views, and validation rules
- Work directly with the Employer Sales teams to improve their workflow, ease of use, and adoption of Salesforce.com
- Support revenue operations and sales managers in creating and maintaining reports and dashboards
- Develop processes and safeguards to keep our Salesforce data secure, clean, and organized
- Provision new users, manage workflows, and configure changes in key sales systems like Outreach, ZoomInfo, and Troops
- Assist in the development and maintenance of technical training materials related to sales systems
- Salesforce Administrator certification (ADM101) or equivalent competency
- Minimum one year of experience working in Salesforce Sales Cloud, preferably as a system administrator.
- Familiarity with basic SOQL, Data Loader, and Workbench functionality (or similar data tools) in a business environment.
- Experience working and communicating directly with end-users at a fast-growing company.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts with non-technical business users.
- Building and troubleshooting Salesforce reports and dashboards for end-users.
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce administrator at a fast-growing SaaS company.
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ administration (Price Rules, Product Rules, and Quote Templates).
- Familiarity with SQL and/or Reverse ETL tools (such as Census).
- Additional Salesforce certifications or equivalent experience (Platform App Builder, Salesforce Advanced Administrator, Salesforce Developer, Sales Cloud Consultant, etc.).
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake's San Francisco HQ is like when we're together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch* with us!*
Job Type: Full-time