Salesforce Business Analyst
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We help our clients solve complex challenges and guide them to a future that builds trust in society. Put your expertise to work. Join us at Guidehouse.
Guidehouse has an exciting opportunity for Salesforce Business Analysts in a high-growth practice. You will be a key contributor on the consulting team that helps discover and define the problem statement, evaluates the solution options and makes recommendations. You will create detailed design, architecture and process artifacts and implement the deployment plan. You will also support knowledge transfer with the objective of providing value-adding consulting solutions that enable our clients to meet the changing needs of the global landscape. As a key team member on the project, you will guide customers through the implementation of Salesforce solutions using our adaptive-agile methodology.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Engaging customer stakeholders to understand desired business outcomes and define success criteria
- Articulate to customer stakeholders the value of recommended solutions and approach
- Lead Discovery and requirements refinement sessions to uncover customers’ business, functional, and technological requirements
- Synthesize requirements to create clear and comprehensive user stories and solution design documentation
- Perform fit-gap analysis between Salesforce functionality and client requirements
- Design elegant, innovative Salesforce solutions, involving configuration of Salesforce, creation and refinement of complex data models, external integration, business process automation, and other custom functionality
- Develop innovative industry accelerators and contribute to thought leadership white paper development
- Draft custom development specifications and manage the delivery and testing of the functionality by Development resources
- Iterate Salesforce solutions through a adaptive-agile cycle with the customer Product Owner
- Develop training curriculum and deliver training sessions to the solution’s end users
- Work with the Guidehouse Project Manager to manage a project to scope, budget and timeline expectations
BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering – or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
- 3+ years experience administering or consulting with Salesforce
- US Citizenship is contractually required for this role
- 3 to 5 Current Salesforce Certifications (Admin, App Builder & Sales/Service/Community Clouds)
- Experience with business process definition, process mapping, and reengineering
- Experience writing Epics, user stories to capture Salesforce requirements
- Experience with data migrations to and from Salesforce
- Experience designing or building Salesforce integrations with middleware and web services
- Understanding of the key levers for B2B, B2C, hybrid business models
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great teamwork and collaboration skills
- Experience in “Big 4” or equivalent established consulting firm and/or Salesforce Platinum partner highly desired
- Experience with public sector clients preferred
- Experience with Agile or Hybrid-Agile methodology
- Demonstrable experience in at least one of: Health Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Maps (MapAnything), Field Service Lightning, and Mulesoft highly desired
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- This position is open to candidates virtually from Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona or Eastern, Pacific, Central, and Aleutian time zones.
About Guidehouse Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance 401(k) Retirement Plan Basic Life & Supplemental Life Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities Skills Development & Certifications Employee Referral Program Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive