Principal Salesforce Business Analyst (UK Remote)
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
TurnitIn offers a market-leading assessment-management solution that supports the entire testing process, including exam creation, administration, delivery, scoring and analysis. The software delivers powerful, actionable data to assess learning outcomes. Turnitin is a growing company that hires smart and talented people who are excited about personal growth, the positive impact they have on education, and enjoy working in a challenging and fun work environment.
Turnitin is seeking a Principal Software Engineer interested in distributed systems, data modeling, and scalability to develop and improve our award-winning educational software. As an engineer on this team, you will be working on 2 co-products that help to provide additional exam integrity to the assessment process. We operate at a high scale across global markets and seek individuals that enjoy solving complex problems.
Do you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that’s working to digitally transform the ed-tech industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating high performing applications, Turnitin is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. Turnitin has an inspiring mission, cutting-edge technologies, and in-house product development.
The Principal Salesforce Business Analyst works across Sales and other key operational areas to identify requirements and scope where change to systems, tools, data and processes are required to deliver specific business outcomes. They take the lead to document requirements through ‘use cases’ and ‘user stories’. They are responsible for defining and agreeing the Acceptance Criteria, for working with the architects and developers to clarify the requirement and ensure the design meets the acceptance criteria and will then coordinate and support the end to end and business acceptance testing phases. They will lead on all items of change from small change requests through to major project deliveries.
Our company CRM is Salesforce, it’s our key sales system and therefore the Principal Salesforce Business Analyst is an experienced Salesforce Admin and/or Salesforce Consultant with the appropriate Salesforce Certification, has a deep understanding of Salesforce and is able to bring the knowledge of Salesforce best practice to shape the design to deliver the business requirement. They will have strong technical and functional capacities, will be process-driven, project-oriented, and passionate about Salesforce technologies and its business application. They will take the role of trusted advisor to business colleagues in the use and development of Salesforce, they will take a consultative approach to working with internal stakeholders.
The Principal Salesforce Business Analyst is a senior member of the Sales Systems team and provides leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- As a trusted advisor, work with key sales leaders to improve process, tools and systems to ensure they have the best capabilities to support the sales effort
- Discover, analyze, and define business processes and system requirements to achieve defined business outcomes
- Elicit and document business requirements using User Story or Use Case techniques, and Acceptance Criteria for all requirements, ensuring that they are fully testable
- Contribute to end to end test plan creation, scenarios and scripts
- Lead and coordinate End to End and Business Acceptance Testing phases supporting business testers as required
- Develop implementation support plans
- Work with Sales Operations and Sales Enablement to drive systems improvements, and roll out new features and processes
- Provide consultancy support to key stakeholders and business users in the use and development of Salesforce
- Create current and future state solution designs; document existing processes and update them as they are rolled out and revised
- Lead the design of Salesforce, with a keen eye toward user experience, process efficiency, and data integrity
- Lead the effort to maintain data cleanliness for completeness and accuracy
- Research production issues, respond proactively, and resolve end-user problems
- Lead and support the Salesforce Admins to share knowledge and help them resolve Helpdesk issues
- Act as a mentor to less experienced Business Analysts, Salesforce Admins and other team members
- Excellent communicator
- A passion to lead, to mentor and support colleagues
- Strong attention to detail and organisation skills
- Positive attitude
- Passion for continuous learning
- Ability to work independently and with cross functional teams worldwide
- Certified Salesforce Admin
- Experience of writing User Stories as a technique to capture and articulate business requirements.
- Exposure to the breath of the Salesforce eco systems (Sales, Service, Communities, CPQ, Pardot)
- Salesforce CRM experience; Salesforce Admin certifications with good knowledge of one or more of these areas: sales cloud, service cloud, CPQ
- Business process analysis, data modeling, and detailed functional design skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, CS or related field; or equivalent professional experience
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of ExamSoft. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.