Director of CRM (Salesforce)
Hicksville, New York State, United States
$91,363 - $183,839
National Grid is hiring a Director of CRM (Salesforce) for our IT group in Waltham, MA. This role could also be based in Hicksville, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid IT team is currently seeking an innovative, adaptable, and results-oriented leader to lead major initiatives within our Engineering team as the Director of CRM (SalesForce) platform team. This leader will be responsible for technology programs to transform our relationship management, and customer interaction capabilities, primarily leveraging the Salesforce platform. This Director will lead the SalesForce technology platform and implement technology solutions using best in class CRM solutions to support National Grid Customer Transformation business strategy. This role will report to the Head of Engineering Systems within the National Grid IT organization.
- Designs and implements technology solutions in the CRM (Salesforce) domain; sets direction based on alignment to business strategy and technology opportunities
- Implements platform strategy and direction for our Salesforce platforms
- Partners with Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure & Operations, Digital Risk & Security, Business Partners, and development partners; develop relationships that promote trust and increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Hires and leads managers, software development professionals; coaches and counsels team members, and determines and manages staffing strategy and plan, consistent with the needs of the team
- Provides leadership to agile and SAFe teams, and proactively engages with teams to promote process and organizational improvements that enhance overall effectiveness. Especially drive CI/CD methodologies.
- Oversees delivery of multi-year initiatives with best in class user experience, high quality, timeliness and cost
- Prepares and presents program-level communications for executives and stakeholders
- Defines performance objectives and development plans for team members and ensures alignment with department objectives
- Establishes a financial plan for the department and manages to plan, and jointly establishes financial targets with business partners
- Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts; performs research on industry trends, competitors, business and IT products; analyzes trends and make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives
- Contribute and influence and National Grid global data architecture – Customer Data
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Influence and persuade others to take a specific course of action when there is no direct line of command or control.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or in related field
- At least 15 years of experience working in the software development with 5+ years in leadership role.
- Experience leading large, multi-year, business-critical Salesforce platform
- Hands on experience in Agile software delivery models (SAFe, Kanban, Scrum etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of leadership concepts, practices and techniques, especially change management and leading culture change
- Ability to promote and role model a team-oriented environment
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Proficient in cloud platforms and applications, and experience implementing at an enterprise-scale
- In-depth understanding of cloud-native architectures, microservices, and open API’s
- Hands-on experience in Salesforce development and core frameworks (Apex and Lightning)
- Working knowledge of Data Analytics platforms like Tableau, Alteryx, etc
- Master's degree in computer science/engineering or in related field
- Certified Salesforce Developer or Certified Salesforce Technical Architect
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER)