Senior Salesforce.com (SFDC) Administrator, Commercial Capabilities - Remote (USA)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Careers that Change Lives
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader —that’s why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
A Day in the Life
In this exciting new role, the Sr. Salesforce.com Analyst/Admin will be responsible for gathering requirements and designing, configuring, testing and supporting solutions for assigned workstreams in a large project deployment of Salesforce.com (SFDC) to a new Neuroscience business group. As a key member of the project team, the Sr. Business Analyst will partner with Neuroscience BU commercial, sales enablement, IT and corporate stakeholders to build and support solutions, content, tools and processes that deliver commercial-facing SFDC solutions. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of Salesforce.com configuration experience with a track record of developing solutions within a complex matrix organization and the ability to document business/system requirements & processes. The candidate will demonstrate skills of collaboration & innovation and the ability to partner across functions to gain alignment from multiple perspectives. Salesforce.com Administrator Certification is strongly preferred. Additional experience with Lightning UI, SFDC Mobile, Conga, Tableau CRM and SAP systems is preferred.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, develop, and configure new functionality to support a large project deployment to a new user group. Configuration may include updating or creating apps, objects, record types, fields and field values, page layouts, actions, mobile lightning components, process builders, data sets, custom reports, dashboards, user roles & profiles, data sets, and more.
- Work with business/product owners to understand business needs & processes. Document requirements, design, configure, demonstrate and test components for assigned capabilities or workstreams in alignment with project team members & business partners.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the assigned Neuroscience BU SFDC application architecture, data models and sources, and integrated applications.
- Work closely with platform manager to adhere to platform standards for design & development, release process, support process, etc.
- Monitor user support requests & escalations from Chatter, email RS box, and Service Now and respond in a timely manner to provide tier 2 support.
- Develop an understanding of Tableau CRM and how standard Salesforce data & workflows for the assigned BU integrate to Tableau CRM capabilities.
- Maintain CRM database for assigned Neuroscience BU to ensure integrity and accuracy, including cleansing and duplicate record management, performing weekly and monthly data loads, updating role hierarchy, account assignments, etc.
- Work with business architect in the feasibility review & impact assessment of ongoing enhancement or project requests submitted by BU stakeholders/product owner.
- Participate in requirements/design/architecture reviews to ensure that changes to the system are consistent with field user expectations and limit undesired impacts. Serve as SME for assigned Neuroscience BU user group.
- Lead the effort to test new functionality for each release to ensure that compatibility with current business processes is maintained, including conducting regression testing.
- Provide training and on-boarding to new users, as needed.
- Perform routine monitoring of platform such as running adoption reports and dashboards, generating user license counts, activating & deactivating user records, etc.
- Ensure that SFDC and the information on it is in accordance with Medtronic's Information Protection Policies and Standards, best Information Protection practices, and adheres to any governance set out for the platform.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant salesforce.com (SFDC) experience, or
- Advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant salesforce.com (SFDC) experience
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Operations, Computer Science, Math and/or Decision Science
- SFDC Administrator Certification and experience with configuration in Lightning & mobile UI strongly preferred
- Additional experience with Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) solutions, Conga, TableauCRM, PowerBI, and SAP systems is preferred
- Strong project management & requirements documentation skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams & gather/align multiple groups & perspectives
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and recommend/implement solutions
- Advanced understanding of databases and how to extract/analyze data using Excel and MS Access
- Proven creativity and problem-solving skills; ability to work around obstacles and solve problems with minimal direction
- Ability to develop effective relationships with field sales and business users, technical staff and executive management
- Strong organizational/time management skills; ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible with a demonstrated ability to embrace change
- Previous work experience within the Life Sciences sector
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)