Salesforce DevOps Engineer
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- A national top 25 provider of financial products and services for commercial and consumer clientele
- Named one of the top three fastest-growing FinTech brands in the U.S. in 2020.
- Company culture committed to community relations, corporate social responsibility, and innovation
- Offers a full suite of products including mortgage lending, personal lending, and a variety of deposit and other banking products (savings, money-market, and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and individual retirement accounts (IRAs)), self-directed and investment-advisory services, and capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Fast paced, highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented, and inclusive environment
- Top-notch leadership committed to developing people
- 100% remote for now, then will sit hybrid on-site three days/week in Charlotte when teams transition back to the office after October 2021
- Opportunity to sit fully remote for the right candidate
- Direct Hire opportunity paying $130-145k salary plus bonus with excellent benefits package!
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
- The Dev Ops Engineer will have direct responsibility for managing change and sustain activities for assigned application(s) to ensure adherence to service level requirements.
- Work with Business Partners, IT Peers and Vendors to identify operational efficiencies and strategic roadmaps in continued refinement of best in class operations.
- Expertise in creation and enhancement of continuous integration automation across multiple SaaS platforms (Salesforce, AWS)
- Expertise in creation and enhancement of continuous deployment automation
- Expertise in creation and enhancement of dynamic monitoring and alerting solutions using industry leading service
- Responsible for tools and automation design and delivery
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile delivery environment
- Experience installing and administering multiple industry leading DevOps tools
- Ability to document as-is process and architectures
- Demonstrable experience of differentiating expertise in 1 or more DevOps technologies
- Solid understanding of how-to configuration, deployment, management, and maintenance of large cloud-hosted systems; including auto-scaling, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and disaster recovery
- Ability to drive completion of small DevOps strategy initiatives, including maturity assessment, roadmap creation, future blueprint
- Ability to train internal or client teams in DevOps practices
- Lead day-to-day activities of entire DevOps team: intake, priorities, deliverables, etc.
- Partner with development teams to ensure proper knowledge and implementation of CI/CD processes and tools
- Partner with Enterprise DevOps team to ensure CI/CD tools and processers meet development team requirements
- Develop and maintain processes for rapidly onboarding new developers onto our development stack including proper Git repository access, CI/CD tool access, monitoring tool access, proxy access, etc.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
- 5+ years of Experience with implementing DevOps processes within Salesforce.com and AWS environments
- Experience in configuration management technologies such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, OpenShift, Crucible, Maven, etc.
- Experience with development tools such as source control (Git) and industry standard IDEs (VS Code, Eclipse, Sublime, Xcode, etc.)
- Experience with Containers and orchestration services like Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Understanding of fundamental network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP.
- Understanding of administration of web servers such as NGINX, JBoss, Apache, Node.js, etc.
- Understanding of the full application lifecycle across various web and native mobile applications and how the pieces of the stack communicate with each other
- Hands on experience with web application monitoring tools (Splunk, Dynatrace, OpenTelemetry, AppDynamics, UI-session replay tools, Aternity, etc.)
- Ability to write shell scripts and a passion for automation
- Ability to communicate effectively to various levels of Sr. Management - Technology and Business
- Experience and capability to lead small teams