Washington, District of Columbia, United States
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and can be located anywhere in the United States. (9:30am EST daily stand up calls)
About the job:
The Salesforce Developer will be working closely with other developers to ensure all code is consistent with architectural standards and design for the Humanitarian Services Group. This position is part of a collaborative team, responsible for understanding business requirements, LOE estimation, custom development and maintenance of code, code review, updating of technical documentation, and writing unit test scenarios.
- Develop Apex (classes and triggers), Lightning pages, Lightning Web components, Visualforce (based on specific requirements) to extend Salesforce as needed
- Develop and maintain Lightning Flows
- Develop Salesforce Integrations using APIs, Webservices, etc.
- Build custom Force.com applications.
- Adhere to Salesforce best practices, maintain code documentation, and write/maintain test classes to ensure coverage for all custom development
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
- Actively participate in design and sprint planning sessions, offering relevant solutions and input.
- Estimate level of effort for stories and/or epics based on business requirements and knowledge of the platform.
- Participate actively in all Scrum events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
What we need from you:
- Overall, 7 years development experience with minimum 3 years of experience as a Salesforce developer required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Salesforce Platform Developer I certification is required
- Proficient in Lightning Flows
- Extensive development experience with Apex Classes/Controllers, Apex Triggers, Visualforce
- Web Services development or experience with the Salesforce APIs (REST/SOAP/Bulk, etc.)
- Experience with Lightning Web components, DevOps Tools like GIT, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc.
- Understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Salesforce1, Service Cloud, Experience Cloud (Communities) and AppExchange solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of the capabilities and constraints of Salesforce applications required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work extended hours/on call support as needed to support any major outages, especially during Hurricane season.
The legal stuff:
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
For those candidates located in Colorado, New York or Connecticut, the annual salary range for this position is $110K - $120K. We do not offer an annual bonus for this role. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
- Stay Healthy: Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
- Relax with Time Away: PTO + Holidays
- Save for your Future: 401K with up to 4% Match
- Employee Assistance: 24/7 Mental Health Resources
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and Recognition: 1 year + 5 year
- Career Development: Pay for Performance, Ongoing Education
To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
American Red Cross