How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning has an exciting opportunity for a CRM/technology professional to support our undergraduate and graduate recruitment strategies. The college’s Office of Admissions leads efforts to identify, recruit, admit, and enroll the next generation of architecture, urban design, urban planning and urban technology professionals with particular focus on talented, diverse, academically capable individuals. You will work with the director of admissions and recruiting to leverage Salesforce and other related technologies (FormAssembly, Cirrus Insight, for example) to increase efficiency and effectiveness, while capitalizing on the available and emerging functionality. This hands-on technical role will be responsible for ensuring optimal performance of the Salesforce platform and associated third-party products, maintaining data integrity and quality, providing user training and support, writing process documentation, and producing reports/dashboards to track key metrics.
This is a 2-year term-limited position with the possibility of extension. While the job is situated in Ann Arbor and on some campus work is expected, Taubman College offers flexible work arrangements for eligible staff.
- Oversee and expand use of existing Salesforce functionality for automated and effective recruitment efforts
- Build and maintain inquiry and event forms using FormAssembly
- Maximize use of Cirrus Insight for effective automated capturing of new inquiries
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues related to Salesforce, FormAssembly, Cirrus Insight and other technologies used for recruitment of new students
- Improve data integrations from multiple U-M systems and sources
- Write process documentation for Salesforce users and conduct user training
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards
- Launch the use of text messaging for admitted students to assist with yield and Artificial Intelligence (AI) chat bot to increase prospective student engagement
- Support other technical tools used with recruitment/admissions: Slideroom, Evermap, YAMM and CollegeNet
- Stay current with relevant advances in technology that can be used for admissions and recruitment
- Serve as Taubman College’s liaison in the Salesforce Recruitment Group within U-M
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related analytical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years experience using Salesforce, preferably in an admissions, recruiting, marketing or communications capacity
- Additionally, successful candidates will be able to demonstrate through their interviews and our reference checking that they have:
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems
- Ability to be well organized and detail oriented
- Salesforce certifications
- Experience with FormAssembly and/or Marketing Cloud
- Exposure to the field of college admissions or higher education
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, U-M offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future. Benefits include generous time off; retirement plan with two-for-one matching contributions after the first year; many choices for comprehensive health insurance; life insurance; long-term disability coverage; and flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses. Learn more about U-M benefits.
Please note: Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Who We Are
Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning at the University of Michigan promotes the public good by engaging a diverse constituency in purpose-driven learning and research that focuses on the built environment. Named among the best architecture and planning schools in the country, the college prepares graduates to lead the professions, organizations, and institutions that shape our world at every scale. Learn more about Taubman College.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Taubman College values a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, and administrators that includes people of different race and ethnicity, national origin, gender and gender expression, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, religious commitment, age, and disability status. We aim to create a community of mutual respect and trust where everyone's backgrounds, identities, and views are represented without any threat of bias, harassment, intimidation, or discrimination. Learn more about our DEI efforts.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.