Tech Lead Engineer, Salesforce Commerce Cloud - Remote
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
$87,081 - $169,792
- Design and guide the evolution of next generation e-commerce architecture and ecosystem towards an API-led architecture.
- Contribute to multiple layers of the stack, from their web front-end to backend API's
- Maintain best-practices for software development, including deployment process, documentation, and adherence to and improvement of coding standards
- Adept at aligning with project teams to both receive and provide guidance & platform thought leadership within the ecosystem.
- Help drive innovation by offering ideas for accelerators, optimizations and modular architecture.
- Work closely with all regional stakeholders for feature implementation.
- Troubleshooting and triaging within their team.
- Provide workload estimation, identify and prioritize actionable tasks.
- Prioritize and manage time effectively. (e.g. meetings, task prioritization)
- Applies team leadership techniques (e.g. motivation, delegation, resolving conflicts, discipline) on team members and communicates the shared vision within the team.
- Influence team members to follow best practices by providing examples/technical solutions from experience.
- Experience collaborating across multiple disciplines (front-end, back-end, databases, infrastructure, and devops).
- Prior experience building production web apps using React and Node (or similar stack; functional programming experience ideal).
- Genuine passion for backend development, with validated experience building scalable web applications and APIs
- Deep knowledge of latest trends and technologies, and excitement about creating immersive experiences.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect back-end services to mobile applications.
- Deep knowledge and experience using back-end technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with front-end technologies/frameworks.
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies.
- Strong preference for someone with experience creating event-driven architectures.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and working on medium/large sized engineering and QA teams.
Nice to have:
- Experience with CDNs like Akamai
- Experience with team building exercises.
- Experience as an on-call support resource.
- High- level understanding of upstream and downstream eCommerce systems as well as middleware (e.g. SAP Fashion Management Solution, MuleSoft, ESP).
- ADI is a strong, global community where we collaborate and care for each other.
- We value a diversity of opinion, everyone’s input, and increasing the number of voices at the table.
- You’ll have the opportunity to join the D&I task force, participate in affinity spaces, learn and grow on your anti-racist journey. We all need to know what anti-racist is so that everyone can talk about what it actually means.
- We center our employees as full people. We don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer Description: