Salesforce Developer III - RapidScale
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
$63,600 - $132,509
Primary Location: 510 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 222922
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
- Primary developer on RapidScales Salesforce instances
- Establish and orchestrate the guidelines for development, maintenance, and support of RapidScales Salesforce environments that includes SDFC development, APEX Classes, APEX Triggers, Visual Force pages, SOQL an plug-ins.
- Support multiple systems or applications of high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces)
- Serve as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solution supportability
- Subject Matter Experts capable of articulating expert solutions through written or verbal methods
- Lead enterprise-based work initiatives and projects
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Perform code reviews and collaborate with peers on software solutions
- Interact with Product Managers and Quality Engineers to deliver high quality, high profile software and user experiences
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (standups, retros, sprint planning, etc.)
- Drive peer to peer knowledge sharing and technical sessions to help drive upskilling and share best practices across the organization
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues as they occur
- Design and deliver robust, scalable, and secure distributed software systems spanning edge and cloud
- Provide mentorship including constructive code reviews and design guidance fostering growth of junior team members
- Strive to build completely automated software delivery solutions for our code to stand up new environments
- Develop and maintain build & release pipelines. Also, perform software releases to production using automation
- Continuously deliver features that meet acceptance criteria such as build quality, unit tests, integration tests, application logging, and security
- 5 or more years of experience preferred in Salesforce Development
- Solid experience with large scale software development or application engineering
- Good experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Extensive experience using automated deployment tools such as Azure DevOps
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, and supervisors, and to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes in deadlines and priorities
- Ability to balance multiple high priority projects
- Proven communication, documentation, and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field. Engineering background preferred
Experience supporting large organizations
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications Inc