Dallas, TX, USA
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
Let's go forward together.
This position combines technical ability with business needs, creativity, communication, and can-do attitude to provide support and ongoing updates to the Salesforce platform. The Salesforce Developer will work closely within the organization to partner with existing developers to perform programming and updates as the business utilizes the Salesforce platform. The focus will be increasing productivity across the organization and the Business Operations team.
In addition, the Salesforce Developer will spend a significant portion of their time learning, maintaining, and improving the tools.
- The below represents some of the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Programming, maintaining and enhancing the Business Operations Tools.
- Work closely with Platform Owners, stakeholders, and team to build and maintain tools such as Project Management, CRM, and any additional tools that the Business Operations department implements (on premises or off premises systems).
- Prepare technical objectives - identify and describe key goals and provide the work processes to achieve these goals.
- Engage with Platform Owners and team to develop system design, functional and technical specifications to meet business needs, reporting, customization, and integration requirements.
- Serve as the software expert and product specialist, aiming to solve business challenges.
- Engage closely with and provide feedback to Platform Owners regarding business’ unmet product needs.
- Make complex modifications to existing software applications, modules, and platforms in accordance with high-level specifications, application support, and industry standards.
- Deploy, monitor, and support software releases during iterative development cycles
- Building and maintaining custom conversion tools
- Build and maintain tools and processes to identify necessary data from diverse customer payroll platforms, extract it, transform it, and load it into the Paylocity platform.
- Design and write reusable programs or SQL routines to allow consistent conversions from known payroll systems.
- Write other utilities to be used by the Business Operations department as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
- 5-7 yrs. experience in SQL, .net and/or programming
- Must have written database programs using SQL and .net either professionally or in school
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle using automation tools and source control systems
- Experience in MS Access, SQL Server
- Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification
- 3 plus years of Salesforce development experience (Visualforce, Apex, Aura, Lightning components)
- Strong understanding of Salesforce Metadata API
- Extensive Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Salesforce experience
- Salesforce Admin
- Salesforce Advanced Admin
- Salesforce Platform Developer II
- Salesforce Platform App Builder
Our journey forward.
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives