Salesforce System Administrator
College Park, Maryland, United States
$62,750 - $119,979
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. A prior criminal conviction or convictions will not automatically disqualify a finalist from employment in the position.
The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) platform, ensuring that it works seamlessly across the organization and captures all required information.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
at least 3 years’ experience performing work developing, configuring or implementing Salesforce, including 2 years’ experience as a Salesforce Administrator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrated knowledge of Salesforce Sales, Service and Marketing Cloud products.
Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality.
Ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
Strong data management abilities.
Ability to drive projects to completion.
Ability to understand and articulate complex requirements.
Ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests.
Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
Ability to communicate effectively orally, and in writing at all levels of the organization.
Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Experience with Salesforce in higher-ed or non-profit sector
- Experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment
- Understanding of the HEDA architecture
- Additional Salesforce certifications
- Minimum 5 years experience designing and implementing new processes
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.org and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes user adoption.
- Experience in data migration and integration, and knowledge on data migration strategies and tools like Informatica
- Experience with creating, managing, debugging APEX triggers and use of SOQL queries
- This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
University of Maryland