Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 40 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson uses Salesforce to manage our sales pipeline as well as other important business processes and information beyond traditional CRM. Mortenson is currently seeking a Salesforce Administrator who will lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce.com deployment. The successful candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using the Force.com platform.
What will you be doing?
The administrator will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop, and deploy new business processes. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator, and part system analyst. The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for the executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our platform. Coordinate the evaluation, scope, design, and completion of new business solutions.
- Work with our institutional management team to establish processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities.
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements.
- Project management: Gathering requirements, scoping.
- Data stewardship: Maintain database for integrity and accuracy (internal audits, cleansing, etc.).
- Evaluate new releases of Salesforce to determine functionality requirements and provide detailed information on how changes will apply to all affected departments/users.
- Generate a variety of KPI and sales pipeline reports.
- Collaborate with our IT team in areas of data integrations and technical configurations that are part of our enterprise applications.
- Handle some basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, and other routine tasks.
- Assist in training of new users and grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization.
- Administer the Salesforce platform for 300+ users.