We are looking for an ambitious yet humble team player with experience as a Salesforce Administrator. This opportunity is ideal for someone who wants to grow and learn with a team of like-minded people who love their work.
Our Salesforce Administrator will lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce-centered technology stack. At Market Traders Institute, If it isn’t in Salesforce, it didn’t happen! You will work closely with the project manager and department director to help facilitate the growth of our Salesforce database. You will also work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop and deploy new business processes to enable Marketing, Sales, and our core business programs productivity and effectiveness.
This role is part technical project manager, part administrator and part Salesforce analyst. The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for leading and executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform
Market Traders Institute Inc. (MTI) is an industry leader in trading technology and investor education for the past 27 years; based in Orlando, Florida. We help investors make better, faster, and smarter trading decisions by using our proprietary strategies and trading technology. MTI has been recognized as an INC. 5000 (2015 & 2016) fastest growing employee oriented culture companies in America and has received several awards for being a “Best Place to Work” in Central Florida the last several years.
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment with 120+ users
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for deployments
- Manage Salesforce.com data feeds and other integrations
- Monitor and maintain Data Integrity using a preexisting system
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests
- Work with our institutional management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users, and growing the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors, and the application development teams
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator
- Minimum 1 years of experience working with Marketing Cloud
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Strong data management abilities
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Salesforce.com Admin certified is a plus
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment preferred
- Experience with Accounting Seed
- Proficient in Google connector
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits after 90 days, company contribution to premiums based on years of service
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, and ancillary benefits
- 401(k) tiered match up to 4% of annual salary
- 15-days paid time off accrued per pay period
- 3 paid volunteer days
- 7 paid holidays
- A hybrid, office and work-from-home schedule
- Respectful environment and strong culture of living our Core Values
- Overall team collaboration and support
- Corporate exclusive discounts and special offers
- Access to MTI trading educational platform
Physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee may regularly stand, walk, stoop, and sit. Employee may lift, lower, push, pull or carry work related items weighing up to 20 pounds. This position requires physical effort associated with using the personal computer to enter or retrieve information. Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions in English.
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit to a background screening.
Market Traders Institute, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Market Traders Institute, Inc.