Senior Salesforce Engineer
New York, New York State, United States
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of 1,900+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Salesforce Engineer
The Senior Salesforce Engineer will be an agent of change on EAB’s Corporate IT Development team and will be deeply involved in the full product life cycle of multiple applications, from ideation to implementation. The ideal candidate will be an energetic overachiever, with a team-focused, mission driven mentality, committed to solving challenging problems and doing whatever is necessary to get the job done. We have a fun and intellectually stimulating development culture and are looking for people who have a passion for development across multiple technologies, with a primary focus on the Force.com platform and integrations.
This position is open to remote work, or can be based in our Washington, DC office.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and tested code/configuration which support consistent information architecture, taxonomies, visual standards, interaction patterns, and use cases across multiple platforms
- Ensure high quality solutions by implementing unit tests and supporting the creation and design of integration, including load and user acceptance tests
- Serve as the technical expert on projects directly or indirectly impacting the force.com platform, which may include significant work in Apex, VisualForce, Java for building out Lightning Web Components, as well as application integration patterns
- Document design and communicate progress to team members
- Document and communicate post-launch collateral to be used by sustaining teams for reference, which include but are not limited to workflow diagrams, process documents and frequently asked questions
- Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issues
- Raise risks and communicate opportunities to management and stakeholders as they arise
- Collaborate with development team to enhance existing applications and develop new applications
- Provide mentoring and training to associate engineers and Application Support staff on tasks and small projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent years of experience
- 4+ years of development experience on the Force.com platform, which includes but is not limited to Salesforce administrator functions, Apex, and SOQL
- 4+ years of experience working with relational or multi-dimensional databases, primarily SQL Server or MySQL
- 4+ years of experience with integrating the Force.com platform with other 3rd party platforms/applications
- 2+ years of experience creating Lightning Web Components as well as the Lightning Design System
- Proficiency in object-oriented analysis, design, and programming. Experience with design patterns and tiered architecture
- Experience developing software in a commercial software product development environment
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience working with relational or multi-dimensional data in reporting or analytic infrastructures
- Strong knowledge of code versioning/repository tools such as Git, AWS CodeCommit or Azure DevOps
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.