Senior Salesforce Engineer / Salesforce Engineer
$87,900 - $161,600
Do you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a senior software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-up—and the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
Are you a Software Engineer with Salesforce.com experience looking for a new and exciting challenge? If so, we want you to join our Global Retail Markets team and own the design, build, and evolution of our Salesforce.com applications. You'll have the opportunity to work on one of the world's most innovative platforms and have a direct impact on our customers. You will be working in a supportive and dynamic team and will enjoy numerous opportunities to increase your professional knowledge and skills. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for the Salesforce Platform to our company and enjoy excellent pay and benefits, and generous and unrivaled development opportunities.
You'll be responsible for system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation within our Lead Management Salesforce instance. Lead and Agency Management has a suite of Liberty Mutual technology products, including proprietary applications which are built on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Design, Configure, and Develop solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals
- Lead daily support and maintenance of the Lead Management Tool internal Salesforce instance, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements
- Effectively communicate with management, scrum master, test engineers, product owners, and other agile team members to design strategies that ensure the continued growth and innovation of the platform
- Provide system administration and lead development support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflows, and be able to effectively communicate how to tackle problems and exceed our customers' requirements
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including Marketing, Sales, and Information Management to ensure Salesforce environment supports the customers' needs relating to functionality and performance
- Develop maintainable/scalable, effective, defect-free source code that meets business requirements and team standards
- Conduct unit test case development and highly complex test scripts
- Conduct impact analysis of stories to upstream and downstream systems and integrations, as well as necessary threat modeling and security analysis
- Develop component design and system/application architecture
- Support the production support transition and implementation phases responsible for overall success of the project.
- Work within project team to lead iterative development that delivers a high-quality product.
- Support interactions with customers and development team to gather and define requirements.
- Develop and lead the production of support documentation.
- Plan work out appropriately, effectively communicating and responding to escalations/inquiries.
- Identify and implement appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Complete other project work or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience. Knowledge of Salesforce concepts, products, strategies, and methodologies preferred, including Apex, Lightning, Lightning Web Components, Marketing Cloud, Distributed Marketing, Financial Services Cloud, and Sales Cloud. Salesforce Certifications helpful.
- Experience with creating, implementing, and maintaining a testing strategy a plus, including use of Behavior Driven Development
- Highly proficient in multiple Object-Oriented programming languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms. Previous experience with Apigee, AWS, and Java a plus
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, methodologies. Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts.
- Experienced in layered systems architectures solutions, designs and shared software concepts.
- Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
Liberty Mutual Insurance