Salesforce Technical Architect
Davenport, Iowa, United States
$60,662 - $109,600
The Salesforce Technical Architect provides technical expertise and leadership in the development, integration, and support of Palmer Colleges Salesforce platform and its applications. This position delivers the technical and business processes needed to support the colleges Salesforce initiatives. The Salesforce Technical Architect leads small to complex projects from initial gathering of business requirements through consulting with business process and data owners. This position will also be responsible for creating low code solutions, conducting testing cycles, as well as implementing system/application upgrades. The Salesforce Technical Architect contributes to the growth and modification of the Palmer College Salesforce platform by acquiring and maintaining knowledge of new and emerging applications, tools, technologies, and architecture that may be used to support these functional operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
Strategy & Planning
- Leads the effort to evaluate departmental business and administrative processes and needs.
- Identifies, defines, and analyzes system requirements to meet the expectations of stakeholders and intended end user’s needs, scheduled timeline, and budgetary targets.
- Serving as a subject matter expert for Palmer’s Salesforce implementation, including both core functionality and all related applications and integrations
Acquisition & Deployment
- Defines and contributes to the design of new/existing applications and interfaces. Provides business solutions analysis.
- Evaluates requests for new or modified applications to determine feasibility, time required, compatibility with current systems and develops proposals that deliver quality solutions.
- Develops and delivers quality analysis, reporting and presentation materials.
- Contributes to guidelines, best practices, and standards relative to delivery, configuration, and support of the Salesforce platform.
- Provides technical and analytical expertise in configuring and developing applications or systems of moderate to large size.
- Serving as a subject matter expert for Palmer’s Salesforce implementation, including both core functionality as well as all related applications and integrations.
- Working with end users to understand user needs, documenting those needs as business requirements, use cases, user stories, etc., and translating into technical specifications for use in Palmer’s Salesforce implementation and related applications.
- Creating and configuring integrations and applications for Palmer’s Salesforce implementation.
- Identifying, recommending, and executing changes to business processes, technical processes, system configurations, and other aspects of Palmer’s Salesforce implementation.
- Monitoring, importing, and exporting data as necessary to ensure proper data quality and synchronization with integrated systems.
- Perform testing and other quality assurance activities to ensure that changes do not adversely impact functionality or performance.
- Provides escalated level of troubleshooting and complex problem solving related to Salesforce solutions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to meet timelines where competing priorities may exist.
- Provide application support through troubleshooting, technical resolution, enhancement implementation, and best practice development.
- Ensure compliance and regulatory requirements (e.g., PCI, HIPAA, FERPA, etc.) are adhered to for all technology implemented and supported by Palmer College.
- Performs complex problem solving.
- Resolve issues/obstacles to successfully meet deliverable timelines.
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Requires strong internal customer focus.
- Proven ability to provide application support through troubleshooting, technical resolution, enhancement implementation, and best practices development.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that fully complies with Palmer’s Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education will be considered.
- Three years of related experience and/or training with Salesforce and/or Salesforce Applications.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required to be successful in this position.
- Solid experience with relational databases, including the use of workflows, views, and reporting.
Desired Qualifications: *
- Salesforce Administrator Certification (ADM 201 or ADM 301) or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- Project management experience and/or certifications
- Proven experience configuring and developing SaaS/PaaS solutions
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and willing to take ownership of products.
- Proven team-player with strong organizational and time management skills
- Passion to use technology to automate the business process and creating a culture around data, collaboration and creativity while rapidly learning new cloud-based technologies.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: *
- Perform sedentary to light work in a ventilated, lighted, and temperature-controlled office setting.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Extensively, frequently and competently use computers, related application software programs, other necessary IT equipment and general office equipment, using the computer screen to read pertinent information on the screen while also adjusting to distance and depth perception.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Be flexible and adaptable regarding learning and understanding new technologies.
- Attain and retain knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Conduct research into emerging Internet technologies and programming languages.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Perform multiple assigned duties with time pressures and frequent interruptions.
- Work independently and autonomously and concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Work various hours, including weekends and evenings as job requires.
- Occasional travel of 10% - 20% may be required.
Location: 1000 Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52803
Job Type: Full-time
Palmer College of Chiropractic