Salesforce Systems Administrator
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
The Salesforce Systems Administrator will join the Web and Application Development team, which consists of seven dedicated and talented IT professionals striving to build a foundation of collaboration, respect, and creativity. The team’s portfolio includes a variety of cloud-hosted applications, including two Salesforce CRM orgs, a multitenant content management system (WordPress Multisite hosted on Pantheon), and several web applications (Laravel hosted on AWS) that support the School’s academic, research, and administrative computing needs.
This role will provide many opportunities for training and education. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering outstanding service, ideally in a higher education enterprise-level environment, will enjoy managing many streams of shifting work priorities, and strongly prefer working in a highly-collaborative environment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support, maintain, and enhance multiple Salesforce orgs (Experience Cloud, Service Cloud, Custom Objects, Education Data Architecture, Flows, Reports, Dashboards, etc.)
- Support, maintain, and enhance multiple Form Assembly forms, including Salesforce Connector and workflows
- Support, maintain, and configure third-party services integrated with Salesforce (Pardot, Nintex DocGen, UPay TouchNet)
- Interact with and support customers (staff, faculty, and students)
- Collaborate with business users on business analysis activities to identify opportunities for improvements by creating requirements, help prioritizing work and proposing practical technical solutions to solve business problems
- Create and deliver basic training sessions to customers
- Interact and collaborate with vendors on larger upgrades and improvement projects
- Collaborate with web and apps teammates on system integrations and cloud infrastructure (AWS, Pantheon, Vagrant, Docker, WAF)
- Test, provide quality assurance for, troubleshoot, resolve and create documentation for Salesforce orgs (technical and customer-facing)
- Use AGILE and DevOps practices (Jira, GitHub, CI/CD, New Relic, Sentry)
- Contribute to open-source projects (external and university-wide) as opportunities arise
- Fulfill other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum two years’ additional post-secondary education or relevant work experience
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and equipment
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
- IT service delivery in an academic or corporate environment (a plus but not required)
- Salesforce Administrator certification (a plus but not required)
- Business Analysis experience (a plus but not required)
- Familiarity with Salesforce development concepts and languages (Apex, Lightning Web Components, etc.) (a plus but not required)
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and experience acting as a trusted advisor
- Salesforce Administration
- Experience and comfortability with learning new technologies and efficiently transferring knowledge to others
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills and experience working effectively with multiple constituencies in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Experience using independent judgement to carry out duties and responsibilities preferred
- Awareness of and aptitude to appropriately and effectively understand, respect, and adapt to cultural and identity-based difference within group environments
- Knowledge of and commitment to concepts and issues tied to social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Skills related to creating and supporting an environment that allows for inclusion, effective intercultural engagement, and personal humility and authenticity
Certificates and Licenses
- Completion of Harvard IT Academy specified foundational courses (or external equivalent) preferred
- Work is performed in an office setting
- Time Off: 3-4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12+ paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: Excellent and affordable medical, dental & vision plans, with coverage beginning as of an employee's start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance & Reimbursement Programs: $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School, discounted options through participating Harvard graduate schools, and reimbursement options for accredited schools outside of Harvard.
- Transportation: 50% discount on MBTA passes, as well as additional options (rideshare, biking, etc.) to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness & Professional Development: Programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, hard & soft skills development, career planning, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services. Additionally, access to Harvard athletic facilities, libraries, campus events - and many discounts for various cultural and leisure activities throughout metro Boston.
Join the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to support our mission of health research and education, and to be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
- The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health does not provide visa sponsorship, now or in the future, for staff positions.
- Harvard University requires pre-employment reference checks and background screenings.
- This position has a 90 day orientation and review period.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Learn more about the School’s mission, objectives, and core values and our diversity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives.