Principal - Software Development (Salesforce Architect)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
$88,164 - $181,788
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams, and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
- Serve as a highly specialized senior level application developer and technical lead responsible for championing software development and driving continuous improvement in our products. This role will involve coaching teams toward optimizing our distributed collection of services and web applications that work in concert to provide real-time financial solutions. The ideal talent will have experience driving large scale development efforts in an agile environment as well as a thorough understanding of DevOps practices. We are looking for a high energy, team player interested in joining a group of Relentless Allys dedicated to making an impact on the market place. This position will report to a Director of Software Development. Passion for technology and problem solving are a must have.
The Work Itself
- Collaborates with other developers and provides significant contributions to develop specifications to resolve business client questions, problems, and to address enhancement needs.
- Uses technical knowledge, creativity and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Interfaces with senior management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction.
- Interacts directly with business clients.
- Serves as a mentor to lower level developers.
The Skills You Bring
- 5+ years of experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related discipline preferred.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support.
- Experience writing and reviewing software design specifications in an object oriented development environment.
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business issues surrounding each project.
- Ability to respond directly to questions from business clients.
- Ability to be a technical authority and work with other team members.
- Knowledge of standard change management tools and processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Expert level hands on knowledge and experience with technologies.
How We'll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and childcare discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are:
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.