Remote Salesforce Solutions Manager (Consultant)
- The Solution Manager is responsible for successfully managing, advancing and delivering technology solutions and services to meet the business objectives of the organization's institutions.
- This is accomplished through leading project teams and collaborating with business partners and IT teams to understand strategic initiatives and develop technical solutions to meet those needs.
- The Solution Manager is the technology point person on the project team and personally contributes to the technical deliverables throughout the project.
Implement and support technology solutions, platforms and services.
- Understand business objectives and research and provide guidance, options and proof of concepts (if appropriate) to solve technology needs.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for assigned solutions.
- Act as IT delivery leader and ensure that all technology deliverables required by business partners reach successful completion on the required schedule.
- Collaborate with partners to develop business requirements leading to successful project outcomes.
- Provide the day-to-day team leadership, constantly focusing on how to keep the teams productive and moving forward along the schedule needed to deliver technology solutions and services.
- Work with institutional and business leaders to maintain the prioritization of features in technology roadmap(s) for assigned solutions.
- Act as an IT owner of assigned solutions and services.
- Provide IT support and information for R&D pilot efforts and drive operational implementation of solutions resulting from successful pilots.
- Inform and drive innovative approaches for assigned solutions.
- Manage and execute communication activities with business partners regarding assigned solutions including but not limited to roadmaps, new features, and platform incidents as appropriate including user impacts and resolution plans.
- Drive adoption of assigned solutions across modalities, institutions, programs and courses as applicable.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products related to assigned solutions.
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for assigned solutions based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
- Determine and track appropriate metrics to facilitate ongoing governance and continuous improvement of assigned solutions.
- Perform competitive bench marking in areas of assigned academic technologies. Completes other duties as assigned.
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a software development environment demonstrating highly competent abilities in standard software development life cycle management and project management techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with system management processes, business requirements, solution design and configuration, and user acceptance testing.
- Salesforce experience required
- Ability to use industry software design tools and software development tools to produce project artifacts in support of solution delivery.
- Previous experience leading teams to deliver successful results.
- Ability to prioritize work and analyze inter-dependencies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Strong active listening skills and the ability to translate needs, concerns and solutions across functional and stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated creativity balanced with practicality to meet business objectives and team needs.