McLean, Virginia, United States
$80,094 - $114,194
Are you innovative? Problem solver? Dedicated and persistent? Ever worked as part of a program that is Agile? Are you interested in being an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence?
Steampunk is seeking a Salesforce Application Developer who is creative and is a hands-on expert with delivering innovative technology solutions.
Responsibilities will include working with Technical/Solutions Architects and Business Analysts to translate business requirements into well‐architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform. Developing, testing, documenting and maintaining solutions, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation using Salesforce declarative or programmatic development resources such as triggers, workflows, validations, approvals, Apex classes, Visualforce pages and Lightning components. Executing test plans to ensure quality delivery using test code and unit tests. Following coding standards and participate in code reviews during projects to ensure appropriate design patterns are followed.
As a Salesforce Application Developer, you will be refactoring applications to better utilize out of the box functionality, refactoring the data model to use out of the box objects, implementing code based on the user interface and/or user design specifications, ensuring industry best practices are followed during the development process, to include unit testing within the Salesforce User Interface.
You will also:
- Communicate and collaborate with other technical resources and stakeholders regarding status, technical issues, and creative solutions
- Support data migration related analysis, manipulation, and load activities for system cut-over and SFDC go-live
- Maintain security for Salesforce.com data
- Interface with business analysts and technical staff and be responsible for delivering complete work products
- Engage in declarative development (Flows, Lightning App Builder, Experience Cloud Sites, etc.) and configuration of AppExchange Apps
- Engage in application development (Apex, LWC, etc.) including troubleshooting and resolving bugs
- Research and keep current on force.com technologies and communicate trends and future needs to leadership
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of applications
- Build client trust and respect, establish client relationships, and develop rapport with client
- Participate and engage in Agile ceremonies and team meetings
- Document best practices and operational procedures
- Facilitate continuous improvement within the environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of experience with Salesforce development
- Functional knowledge of Salesforce.com data structure and understanding of how to leverage the tool to meet complex process and reporting requirements
- Must have proven knowledge and practical application of LWC, Apex , and the Salesforce APIs
- Eligible to obtain and maintain and government Public Trust security clearance
- Salesforce development and implementation experience.
- At minimum hold current Salesforce App Builder and Platform Developer I certifications
- Experience with VSCode with Salesforce DX and Git version control
- Experience delivering Salesforce projects using Agile and DevSecOps methodologies
- Experience with Salesforce Development and Deployment Tools
- Experience with Experience Cloud and Flows
- Experience with declarative configuration, Apex development, and Lightning Web Component development
- Able to translate user stories into working software
- Unique combination of being business-minded and highly analytical while also having a strong technical background in Salesforce.com
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences that are in a geographically dispersed environment (conference calls, Skype, face-to-face)
- Ability to produce quality technical documentation and analysis
- Take initiative to recommend process improvements and demonstrate creative thinking
- Demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Demonstrate sharp, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.