Salesforce Technical Project Manager (Remote)
Mountain View, California, United States
$75,529 - $143,907
Our client is a nonprofit on a mission to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. They have already reached millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. They are building a library of high-quality instructional and practice resources that empowers learners and the teachers who support them. Whether they’re studying metaphors, mitosis, Marbury v. Madison, or multivariable calculus, they want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
About the Role:
What you'll do: Serve as primary project manager for all Salesforce projects
You will manage project goals, timelines, decision-making processes, plans, tasks, and deliverables. Using project management best practices you will communicate status, mitigate issues, coordinate launch logistics, rally teams, and run other project management tasks to enable cross-team collaboration and solve for program success.
- Coordinating between multiple business units (e.g. Philanthropy, Districts Success Team, Khan Kids, and Finance) external consultants, internal engineering and analytics teams, and organization leaders. Manage timelines, identity blockers, contingencies, and dependencies across teams.
- Lead meetings, develop agendas, provide business leads and executive stakeholders with clear decision points, manage and maintain internal timelines and visuals representing project status for senior leaders.
- Manage the creation and storage of project documentation
- Keep team focused on success metrics throughout program delivery, balancing business needs and technical constraints
- Provide technical project management and expertise
- Collaborate with engineering teams and data analysts and data architects to ensure project goals and quality expectations are communicated and met, ensure that development dependencies, like system integrations and data migrations, are managed in a timely fashion so that project timelines and budgets do not slip.
- Manage handoffs, including technical and data specs, between internal engineering and data analytics teams and external consultants to ensure that workstreams, such as data migration and integration testing, happen on time. Coordinate with data analytics project manager.
- Act as business analyst by facilitating and contributing to processes and collaborations that translate business needs to technical solutions.
- Manage test plan and ensure all test cases are completed
What We Value:
- 3+ years of Technical Project Management experience
- 3 + years of experience as a Salesforce super user, administrator, developer, consultant or architect
- Must be Salesforce Admin Certified (Example: Nonprofit Cloud, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Education Cloud, Developer, Architect, Administrator, Marketing Cloud, or Pardot)
- Experience managing complex Salesforce implementations
- Experience with managing Salesforce projects
- Must have experience within nonprofit fundraising industry
- Familiar with program/project management tools (e.g. Gantt charts, spreadsheets, JIRA, Confluence, presentations, etc.); comfortable collaborating in an online/cloud-based environment (e.g. Google Apps, Slack, etc.)
- Previous or current experience communicating to a technical and non-technical audience. Ability to explain technical matters to non-technical people effectively
- Requires strong collaboration skills, previous experience working with stakeholders and ability to use influence to move projects along
- Experience clearly presenting decision points to executives and C-level staff that highlight business impact and project viability.
- PMP certification is a plus
- Technically savvy, with a solid understanding of modern engineering practices and architectures.
- Familiarity with pragmatic agile project management to be able to productively coordinate with engineering teams using agile methodology
- Ability to partner with and communicate at appropriate level of detail to multiple levels of the organization
TCWGlobal is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief, or sexual orientation.