San Francisco, California, United States
$97,925 - $141,110
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
At Afterpay, we build elegant solutions to solve real problems. As a CRM Salesforce Developer, you will be responsible for developing customized solutions within the Salesforce platform. Designing, coding, and implementing Salesforce applications. Creating timelines and development goals. Testing the stability and functionality of the application.
- Develop world class technical solutions to support critical business objectives
- Lead projects throughout key phases of the Salesforce development lifecycle
- Improve platform code performance, security, scalability, and reliability by identifying process bottlenecks, data issues, and inconsistencies
- Collaborate with business partners, engineers, and business systems analysts to determine CRM needs and help implement best practices
- Provide estimates to implement an end-to-end solution based on business requirements
- Manage and guide a team of developers on delivering quality code and test classes
- Maintain the security and integrity of the application software
- Own deployment processes and multi-sandbox management
- Troubleshoot complex issues and follow through to resolution
- Write technical documentation and provide team training
- Coach and mentor junior technical team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with application and software development
- 5+ years of Salesforce development experience supporting enterprise scale solutions
- Extensive development experience using Apex, Triggers, Visualforce, Lightning Components, Web Services, and Salesforce API (REST/SOAP/MetaData)
- Experience integrating the Salesforce platform with internal and external systems using third-party APIs and other backend programming languages
- Deep technical knowledge of Salesforce.com platform capabilities, functionalities, and limitations specifically around governor limits and best practices
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce Administration including configuration, standard data model, security, and automations such as validation rules, workflows, process flows
- Experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools
- Experience with development tools such as Sublime, Git, MavensMate, Visual Studio Code
- Ability to problem solve high-level software and application issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certified Salesforce Advanced Administrator and Developer (Application, Platform)
- Deep understanding of architectural principles for cloud based platforms such as SaaS
- Previous roles in a consulting or high growth, tech environment highly desired
- Experience with the new lightning framework highly desirable
- Experience with CPQ and quote to cash processes a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.