Salesforce Sr Engineer
Tampa, Florida, United States
$67,194 - $132,192
Career CategoryInformation Systems
Salesforce Sr Engineer (Enterprise Architecture)
Amgen – Tampa, FL
Career Category Information Systems
Amgen is seeking a Salesforce Sr Engineer who will be based onsite in Tampa, FL, at Amgen’s Capability Center next generation workspace. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
The Senior Salesforce Engineer will be a critical member of Amgen’s Salesforce product team, developing solutions to critical business needs and processes. You will employ your deep knowledge of the Salesforce platform to build products that your business partners enjoy using, improving efficiency and collaboration processes throughout the enterprise.
Senior Salesforce Engineers are responsible for designing and building secure, scalable solutions on the Salesforce Platform. Senior Engineers work with Product Owners, Solution Architects, and within the broader technology team to develop products on the Salesforce platform. The focus of the Senior Engineer is to build products that leverage the Salesforce platform capabilities in a manner that is scalable, secure, and aligns to best practices.
The goal is to develop declarative and programmatic solutions in a manner that brings rapid business value for Amgen, maximizes re-usability, and minimizes technical debt. You will develop applications that can be used on the go (mobile-first) using standards based solutions such as Lightning Web Components. Your toolset will include Visual Studio Code, SFDX, and CI/CD tooling such as Copado, git, ANT, and gearset. You will work collaboratively with the cross-functional business and technology team in an agile manner.
The Senior Salesforce Engineer will contribute to the development of the Salesforce practice at Amgen. You will stay abreast to the Salesforce roadmap and capabilities, provide feedback to and develop best practices, optimize engineering or release processes, and mentor other Engineers in the community.
- Minimum 4 years of application design and development experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and customizing Salesforce.com application via web services, Apex, SOQL, Aura, Lightning Web Components, Visual Force, Visual Studio Code, IDE, Data Loader, Reports and Dashboards
- 2+ years of working with clients and vendors developing solutions and supporting projects from requirements gathering to release management
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications
- Manage multiple assignments and deadlines
- Manage day to day development activities on the Salesforce platform using Apex, Visual Force, Lightning Web Components and Aura
- Develop estimates for projects
- Support the creation of customizations and integrations required to solution delivery
- Configure the Salesforce application based on the business requirements
- Model new custom objects and fields to support business requirements
- Apply best practices and experience to build Salesforce applications
- Understand Salesforce security and apply the OWD, sharing patterns, profiles or permissions to your applications
- Communicate software and system designs using UML, Miro, Lucid Chart, or other modeling tools and software. Collaborate with team members to apply abstractions and service-orientation to foster scalability
- Develop Test classes and automation to validate business logic and avoid production issues
- Work closely with other developers in the team including business analyst, QA analyst and project managers
- Research Salesforce capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide gap analysis
- Extensive hands-on technical, solution architecture and engineering experience with the Salesforce platform
- Experience developing in an enterprise environment with numerous applications, development teams, and security provisions and controls
- Experience with building and maintaining Custom Objects, and integrating Salesforce with external systems
- Ability to lead multiple simultaneous tasks, providing consistent record of all activities, while handling confidential work with discretion
- Experience developing complex products in a regulated or compliant such as HIPAA or SOX
- Deep knowledge of the capabilities and features of Service Cloud and Sales Cloud.
- Demonstrably excellent, context-specific and adaptive communication and presentation skills across a variety of audiences and situations; established habit of proactive thinking and behavior and the desire and ability to self-start/learn and apply new technologies
- Salesforce Admin and Platform Builder I certifications required.
- Salesforce Health Cloud experience is beneficial but not required
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.