Los Angeles, California, United States
$81,883 - $120,273
STAND 8 is a global leader providing end-to-end IT Solutions. We solve business problems through PEOPLE, PROCESS, and TECHNOLOGY and are looking for individuals to help us scale software projects designed to change the world!
The Salesforce Developer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and ongoing support of new features and data integrations with our Salesforce platform. This role spans responsibilities from mid-level architecture through hands-on development and testing. The role is part of a cross-functional Salesforce team that spans business and technologists and reports up to the CEO. The reporting structure and scale of our org ensure that this individual will have the opportunity for incredible ownership of results and impact on the company’s performance. A team player with a collaborative, service-dedicated and creative solutions-oriented mindset is essential.
The candidate should
- Possess superior Salesforce platform development skills (Apex, LWCs, REST APIs, etc.)
- Write clean, quality code (solid test code practices, grasp of OOP fundamentals, etc.) especially when it comes to integrations (esp. inbound and outbound REST)
- Choose appropriate declarative Salesforce solutions in the domains of object modeling, record-save automation (Flows, validation rules, etc.), record sharing and permissions
- Apply an architectural mindset to challenges involved in integrations and batch processing
- Know how to refine requirements with business value top of mind
The team follows an Agile methodology with each member responsible to a certain degree for elaborating user stories as well as implementing them, so strong communication skills, creative problem-solving and empathy for the user experience are required. Some technical documentation is required to ensure that all team members can understand and support the features on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate in planning, decomposing, estimating and prioritization exercises. Mitigate risk with prototypes for complex problems as appropriate. Build incrementally, with a vision of the final product. Provide transparency in approach and progress throughout the process.
- Participate in the solution design process: help refine the backlog, guide systems approach, help with project initiation, contribute to functional design, and lead technical design and development.
- Develop software solutions to business problems. Leverage established best practices, design patterns and coding standards. Build solutions that are secure, durable, scalable, maintainable and flexible, and proactively mitigate against production support issues.
- Collaborate in continuing to establish ever-evolving coding standards.
- Collaborate with other technologists on the design of integration points with other enterprise applications, including other Salesforce orgs, middleware (MuleSoft & Apigee), Azure-based applications, and legacy client-server applications.
- Define the detailed requirements and specifications for new features and integrations based upon high-level business requirements.
- Design, build, test, and deploy integrations with Salesforce using the variety of technologies described in this job description.
- Monitor and maintain the ongoing effective operation of these features & integrations.
- Proficiency and experience with common Salesforce development patterns, including trigger frameworks, callouts, asynchronous Apex (future, batch, events, etc.), test data factories, etc.
- Some experience with integration patterns and tools (e.g. MuleSoft, Apigee, MS SQL Server / SSIS, Sesame, Salesforce Connect, DBAmp, etc.)
- Mastery of Salesforce declarative options for object modeling, record-save automation (formula fields, validation rules, Flows etc.), record sharing, and permissions
- The following Salesforce certifications are required or highly beneficial:
- Salesforce Admin (required)
- Platform Developer I (required)
- Platform Developer II (required)
- Platform App builder (nice to have)
- Integration Architect Designer (nice to have)
- Data Architecture and Management Designer (nice to have)
- Some experience with git-based version control and lightweight SFDX DevOps preferred
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile (and/or BDD) environment
- Experience delivering and supporting critical business applications in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, drive small projects, and be self-accountable to deliver a high level of performance
- 4+ years of advanced, hands-on coding and some design/architecture experience required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- BS or MS in a technical discipline preferred
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
Job Type: Contract