Salesforce Product Manager
Reston, Virginia, United States
$88,842 - $123,096
As a Salesforce Product Manager at Octo, you will be responsible for the growth of a team managing one of the largest Salesforce implementations in the federal government, overseeing architectural design, and providing architectural guidance for multiple solution delivery projects. This role will provide technical guidance and execution on technology decisions with the various delivery teams. This includes directing, evaluating, and monitoring the progress of product development and facilitating discussions with various stakeholders and system integrators around business objectives, functionality, architecture, and product deployment.
A Salesforce Product Manager will have experience in the analysis of business and information environments, activities, and events. They will have deep knowledge of data analysis, trend finding, patterns, and be able to identify risks and offer solutions for improving processes that will improve overall project performance. The Octo Product Manager will be able to recommend and implement improvements to the project and deliver substantial value to the Octo customers and team members. The Product Manager will provide business development assistance as necessary and will oversee a team of people and provide coaching/mentoring to junior team members.
Us...e were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to gather requirements, manage implementation and drive delivery of a Salesforce project to include planning and facilitating requirements elaboration sessions, and documenting the output.
- Support/lead as-is and to-be systems definition, user needs analysis, scope definition, and systems analysis activities across Salesforce project.
- Work with and provide support to release management, documentation, testing, and development workstreams.
- Responsible for conducting research and analysis of operational practices and deficiencies as part of business process re-engineering initiatives, as well as BPR activities that drive Salesforce workstream development, consolidation and/or training solutions
- Provide consultation on concurrent projects and serves as a specialist in most phases of systems analysis. Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Deliver high-quality requirements specifications in specified formats that enable ease-of-use for the intended audience/cross-functional team members.
- Bachelor's degree required or 8+ years equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- At least 5-10 years of related analyst experience supporting software/systems engineering, preferably within a federal or government organization.
- Must have Salesforce experience or desire to learn Salesforce.
- At least 1+ year of team leadership experience.
- Demonstrated analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience depicting desired end state in a visual form/creating operational concept graphics.
- Demonstrated commitment to team success.
- Passion for delivering powerful, easy-to-use products/services.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong commitment to developing the team’s Agile skills and supporting effective team practices.
- Experience using and sharing knowledge of Agile team collaboration and requirements management tools (IPR, Jira).
- Success practicing Scrum, Certified Scrum Master a plus.
- Salesforce Release Management, Operations & Maintenance, or Testing experience is preferred
Years of Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience and familiarity with Salesforce.
Education: Bachelor's degree required or 8+ years equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.