Salesforce - Engineer
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
$78,189 - $144,523
Boston, Hartford, New Jersey, New York City, Philadelphia, Westchester County, NY/Stamford, CT - 1/5/2022
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In more than 48 markets across the US and around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to be responsive to the market and do what’s right for our teams and clients. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to more than 11,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
In our Salesforce business, we help our clients bring the most impactful customer experiences to life and we do that in a way that makes our clients the hero of their transformation story. We are passionate about and dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team, recognizing that diverse team members are celebrated for bringing their authentic selves to work and are empowered to build solutions that reach more diverse populations in innovative and impactful ways. Our team is comprised of customer strategy experts, Salesforce-certified experts across all Salesforce capabilities, industry experts, organizational and cultural change consultants, and project delivery leaders. As the 4th largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities, and exposing our people to meaningful work that aligns to their personal and professional goals.
Job Title: Salesforce - Engineer
You are a self-driven individual with a “get it done” attitude and a passion to solve complex business and technology problems. You work in conjunction with the project Architect to build the technical solution for a client need and you are responsible for addressing advanced technical challenges of project work. Depending on the nature of the project, you will be required to configure the solution within the Salesforce platform and/or perform custom development and may be called on to assist with activities like scoping and documentation.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products
- Participate in technical design sessions; develop technical solution documentation aligned with the business objectives
- Develop, test, and document custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces on top of the Salesforce platform
- Execute test plans to ensure quality delivery
- Follow coding standards and participate in code reviews during projects to ensure appropriate design patterns are followed
- Provide estimates and work breakdown structures for assigned tasks
- Absorb new product and technical capabilities from Salesforce during new product releases and acquisitions
- 2+ years of Salesforce platform experience
- Proven ability to develop and optimize integrated business processes across disparate systems
- Understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, App Cloud, Communities and AppExchange solutions
- Extensive development experience using VisualForce, Apex controllers, Triggers, Batch Apex, and other programmatic solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Configuration experience using the Salesforce point-and-click application administration interface
- Ability to perform automated testing and write unit tests
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud to invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.