Sr. Scrum Master Salesforce Marketing Cloud & Engagement Solutions
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
$95,800 - $158,100
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices. #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
- Practice and encourage Agile mindset and behaviors; coach, inspire and mentor teams on Agile principles, values and practices while role modeling Travelers' leadership behaviors.
- Independently lead the application of Agile practices for multiple teams. Practices may be Scrum and/or Kanban based. Actions often visualizing work, limiting work in progress, managing work flow, planning and guidance for daily stand ups, sprint planning, short, mid, and long range planning, backlog refinement, and retrospective meetings.
- Ensure progress toward objectives, KPIs and commitments; guide assigned Agile teams to deliver the required product increments and outcomes.
- Partner with key stakeholders (i.e. Agile Coach and Team Lead) in backlog prioritization as well as tracking and reporting metrics, providing visibility to the team and stakeholders, ensuring a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Identify opportunities to improve team-level Agile performance; focus teams on customer value, quality and continuous improvement activities. Remove team-level impediments and resolve conflicts; anticipate challenges, identify risks, and recommend mitigations and solutions.
- Utilize learnings and best practices in furthering the effective use of Agile practices at Travelers.
- Facilitate open communication among team members and stakeholders; promote positive team dynamics to ensure members collaborate and work effectively.
- Build and leverage effective alliances across other teams and the technical and business communities.
- Partner with Circle Leadership on PI planning activities, organizing and leading PI ceremonies.
- Participate and actively contribute to the Agile Community, partnering closely with Agile Coaches and Leadership to Evolve the Way We Work.
- Increase the overall Agile maturity for teams, and support higher complexity work towards successful outcomes.
- Supports Agile team(s) that have various levels of agile maturity; actively works to upskill those teams in agile practices and increases their overall agile maturity.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and influence by enhancing Circle-wide agile practices.
- May also play a scrum-of-scrum role, managing the flow of work through an entire Circle rather than on an individual team or teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three years' experience in a Scrum Master or similar Agile role applying Agile principles and practices including delivery of several epics, releases and versions and application of a wide variety of patterns and techniques (i.e. leveraging burndown, facilitating retrospectives, refining user stories, etc.) preferred.
- Programming/development experience preferred.
- Experience implementing best practices and standards related to Agile product development preferred.
- Experience leading others with the ability to earn trust while still challenging the team to improve and operate outside its comfort zone in an Agile environment preferred.
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage, respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Project Management: Ability to initiate, plan, execute, and guide the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria within a specified time.
- Influence: Ability to influence leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts and practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience.
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
- 3 years of project management or related experience required.
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
The Travelers Companies, Inc.