Sr. Salesforce Developer/ Administrator
Austin, Texas, United States
$65,044 - $119,736
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As the Sr. Salesforce Administrator/Developer you will report to the CRM Architect. Combining your fundamental understanding of marketing, sales & service processes with expertise in the Salesforce Architecture and Security model you will work on the team to proactively design, build and improve our platform to meet business needs.
While this role draws on SFDC technical developer skills, you will be working with Leaders and Business users to understand requirements to build the breakthrough features our customers and employees will love, while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable and contributing to the product roadmap.
We are looking for a proactive person, able to contribute strategically while maintaining a day to day hands-on role on a high performing team who learn from each other. This role partners with Sales Operations and other Business Unit teams to identify solutions and provide user and administrative assistance in SFDC and across a variety of business applications that make up our marketing, sales and service technology stacks.
This is a fully remote role that can be worked from anywhere in the US with a preference to candidates in Eastern and Central time zones. Candidates who wish to work from an IBM office will have that ability as well.
The Sr. Salesforce Administrator/Developer leverages technical, business and platform experience to understand our current implementation, objectives and priorities to develop creative solutions, maintain data integrity and help our business partners design new business requirements using Salesforce and Cloud Applications best practices. They are comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels and can translate technical issues into easy-to-understand language when discussing options and potential impact with less technical business partners.
What you'll be doing:
- Using your experience as a key member of the team to support our Salesforce Lightning Instances with over 500 users, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Communities and many custom objects and integrations.
- Working with business users to resolve programmatic issues and gather requirements for enhancement requests. Build new custom processes and workflows into the system as required.
- Day to day this includes: triage & assigning user cases; working with users to understand issues; collaborating with team members on resolving cases ; collaborating with external vendor support on issues involving system integrations; regular meetings with key user/customer groups.
- Work process involves: Participating in daily scrum meeting; regular project team meetings with SFDC/Business Applications team, sales operations, and business partners; individual project work & collaboration across teams on current projects and newly identified needs; Collaborating with other technical team members on projects, to design, test and deploy new solutions
- You will also be supporting other business applications that co-exist with the Salesforce platform and the supporting integrations, including ensuring data integrity for key fields across systems.
For IBM to offer a wide range of opportunities to applicants, and to afford IBM flexibility in staffing across its corporate structure, your application and information may be shared across our enterprise, including with and among our subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. One of these affiliates is Turbonomic, an IBM Company. By submitting your application and information you acknowledge and agree that your information will be used and made available to our subsidiaries and affiliates, and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, any of IBM’s subsidiaries and affiliates
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ Years of Admin & Development experience in the Salesforce.com platform across a number of core elements (Sales Cloud, CPQ, Service Cloud, Communities, Lightning) and 2+ years of experience in cloud applications
- Experience resolving challenging technical case support issues for internal users by understanding user requests, triaging solutions for the team, and solving problems independently
- SFDC platform technical/development experience including: Ability to create logic and code for customized workflows, Approval Processes, Flows/Processes, Layouts; manage sandbox environments; understand basic triggers and apex code
- Experience seamlessly connecting technical development work with front end configuration into desired user experience
- Experience in change/release management, progress reporting and documentation;
- Experience managing integrated related business applications and working with vendors and business (marketing automation, support ticketing, customer service). Experience with specific applications a plus (Hubspot, Zoominfo, SalesLoft, Netsuite, Clarizen, Gainsight)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technically active, inquisitive, and astute mind, able to participate in technical conversations with partners, vendors and team members, while able to distill the concepts for discussion and decision making with non-technical partners
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Experience coaching less experienced team members in SFDC best practices and problem solving; proactive system maintenance: release updates, security reviews, and health checks
- Demonstrated success supporting users, growing adoption, creating new and ongoing user training
- This type of position normally requires a combined educational and experiential background at least equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Sciences, or related field and several years of experience in Cloud applications, including Salesforce Lightning platform.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM