Armonk, New York State, United States
$72,217 - $131,503
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As part of the web portal squad you will help transform IBM’s worldwide technical support business which is key to IBM’s growth. Being a member of this collocated squad, you will be expected to work autonomously but also collaborate with other members of the squad developing and helping solution complex business and technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain a front-end web application used by IBM clients for product and solution support
- Develop new function as well as work on production and development defects
- Understand and work in an agile development environment with the ability to work on numerous stories and issues simultaneously
- Problem solver and focal point during severity 1 and critical situations
- Work with peers, stakeholders, managers and teams across IBM to deliver function that spans cross squads
The squad in Armonk, New York consists of a business analyst, quality assurance engineers, a technical writer and developers.
Role is remote to start, but will need to be based at either IBM Armonk, NY or Austin, TX campus locations. Salesforce Developer will need to be able to support a hybrid remote/onsite work model at those locations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical knowledge of front-end technologies to design and develop an enterprise wide web-based solution
- Experience with Salesforce specifically Community Cloud, Service Cloud, writing custom Aura and Lightning Web Components, implementation of custom objects, triggers, workflows/workflow rules, Visualforce Pages and Controller/Apex Classes
- 3 to 5 years’ experience developing client facing solutions web solutions
- Exposure to Agile, DevOps, and Automated Testing
- Understanding of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as planning, analysis, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Experience with writing web applications that incorporate responsive design
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience using standard Salesforce Communities templates and themes, Napili preferred
- Ability to write Apex classes that work with Force.com API’s
- Experience integrating Apex classes with external and SOAP and REST web services
- Ability to develop custom Lightning Components that interact with standard and custom Salesforce objects and pages
- Aura to Lightning Web component migration
About Business UnitThe Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible. Proof of vaccination status will be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.