Junior Salesforce Developer
Columbia, Maryland, United States
$53,032 - $107,452
Location: Columbia, MD
About The Job
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform and other platforms as assigned. Build and manage custom objects, layouts, complicated workflows, integrations, complex reports and personalized dashboards as required.
Work with business representatives, Salesforce Administrators, Developers, and other analysts to quickly understand requirements and to create innovative solutions using Salesforce. Identify and implement opportunities to improve system functionality. Develop strong relationships with user groups to encourage system and process adoption, ensure proper system use, and provide continuous feedback on improvements to the application and corresponding business processes.
Work with Salesforce team members to facilitate decision making on declarative vs code solutions and other technical specifications as necessary. Develop best practices and design for all coding and integration work across bank applications
Design, code, and implement Salesforce and other bank applications and integrations. Document technical system specifications and configurations. Maintain security and integrity of Salesforce code according to best practices.
Design, implement, and monitor data integrations within the system. Create and execute test plans and scenarios. Troubleshoot issues noted during testing or reported by users.
Conduct research on best practices and industry trends, including data and service layer efficiencies. Leverage enterprise and platform tools, monitor Salesforce release changes, and advise business partners on impact to production.
Install and configure Salesforce packages. Work with Salesforce with their platform roadmap to determine how to apply enhancements to SSB business challenges.
Provide technical Salesforce training and create technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and Salesforce Certification preferred. Financial industry experience, project management, business analysis, database, and cloud integration experience desired.
- Minimum of two years of Salesforce.com administration and/or development experience.
- Experience with unit testing, deployment best practices, and technical documentation in accordance with common software development practices and methods.
- Advanced problem solving skills are needed to find solutions to problems that are technically complex and require collection, interpretation, and analysis of data from diverse sources. Must be detail oriented with a proven process oriented mindset.
- Experience with web development required and cloud integration platforms (REST/SOAP, Informatica Cloud, MuleSoft, etc.) preferred.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming principles, data structures, data modeling, design patterns, relational database systems and operating systems.
- Must be able to able to work flexible hours as needed and balance multiple complex projects in a fast paced environment both independently or as part of a team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively present complex information and document procedures. May be required to present information to small groups.
- Work involves exposure to highly confidential information requiring tact and discretion.
- Work is under minimal supervision where the work requires independent judgment in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures and the selection of alternative procedures and work routines.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Sandy Spring Bank