Salesforce Engineer 2
Remote, United States
TrueCar envisions a world where car shopping is an uplifting experience. Our shopping experience helps buyers consider choices from every angle, builds confidence in their decisions, and enables every step of the process with tools and information that make car buying easy. Ultimately, TrueCar is helping people in the second largest purchase they will make in their lives. We’re removing the complexity out of buying a car, using technology and personalization, to create a one-of-a-kind experience that transforms car buying and ultimately people’s lives.
Come join the team and help us accomplish our mission. TrueCar maintains a Dynamic Workplace, allowing employees to have their primary workstations at home, with office space in Santa Monica, CA and Austin, TX to be made available to individuals and teams to use as needed. Employees enjoy excellent benefits (health/vision/dental coverage, 401k with contribution matching, equity, etc.) as well as perks like monthly credits for at-home food delivery, internet/mobile phone service coverage, and fitness expenses.
About the Team:
TrueCar is looking for a Salesforce Engineer to join our growing Business Applications team where your contributions will be immediately utilized in our highly adopted Salesforce instance. In this collaborative role, you will partner with leadership and business partners across the Dealer, Finance, Accounting, and Technology groups to manage, support, and continuously improve our Salesforce environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze, design and implement business requests by either declarative development or code
- Implement new and/or support existing implementation of Salesforce products, metadata, managed packages and integrations
- Actively participate in design sessions, testing (QA and UAT) and deployment
- Take ownership of issues throughout the development life cycle
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification
- 4+ years of Salesforce related coding experience
- Strong experience developing with Apex, Lightning Web Components and Visualforce
- Well versed with Salesforce best practices and governor limits
- Familiarity with Salesforce APIs
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment as well as to adapt to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills including the ability to set clear expectations with stakeholders and escalate issues as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate technical challenges to a non-technical audience
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Orgs of 400+ users with complex B2B implementations
- Experience with implementing or supporting CPQ
- Experience with supporting transition to Lightning
- Salesforce Platform Developer II Certification
TrueCar is a leading automotive digital marketplace that enables car buyers to connect to our nationwide network of Certified Dealers. We are building the industry's most personalized and efficient car buying experience as we seek to bring more of the purchasing process online. Consumers who visit our marketplace will find a suite of vehicle discovery tools, price ratings, and market context on new and used cars - all with a clear view of what's a great deal. When they are ready, TrueCar will enable them to connect with a local Certified Dealer who shares in our belief that truth, transparency, and fairness are the foundation of a great car buying experience. As part of our marketplace, TrueCar powers car-buying programs for over 250 leading brands, including AARP, Sam’s Club, and American Express. Nearly half of all new-car buyers engage with TrueCar powered sites, where they buy smarter and drive happier.
TrueCar is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, with an office in Austin, Texas.