Salesforce Business Analyst
New York, NY, US
$59,625 - $117,129
Hospital for Special Surgery has an opportunity for an experienced Salesforce developer to collaborate on all aspects of the implementation of Salesforce Health Cloud for patient access and referrals. As a key member of the Information Technology Department, the Salesforce Business Analyst will attain specialized knowledge of the software and serve as a vital liaison between the HSS IT Department, hospital departments, HSS Connect, patient access, and physician’s offices.
**This position requires the flexibility to work an expanded work schedule, including early mornings, nights & weekends during major implementation and support efforts**
- Responsible for meeting with business users of Salesforce to understand their business use case and system workflow needs.
- Responsible for documenting the use case and workflow needs of the business and confirming those with appropriate business stakeholders.
- Understands and documents all aspects of a use case to cover reporting and analytics, workflow and system configuration, integration requirements and data migration requirements. Responsible for translating those use cases and workflow needs into user stories to be added to an Agile backlog
- Answers clarification questions from development team and also liaisons with the business to obtain further clarification when necessary.
- Actively work on all aspects of Salesforce implementations through the maintenance stage
- Coordinate and communicate with patient referrals and access personnel, including managers, representatives from other business entities and physician’s offices
- Routinely perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details and other build, design and configuration issues associated with Epic use
- Collaborate effectively with Salesforce premier support using appropriate tools
- Develop relationships, trust, and credibility to successfully manage multiple demands; maintain daily communications with Salesforce end-users
- Review software, workflows, analyze business operations, and collaborate with colleagues, HSS Business Representatives/Subject Matter Experts and end-users to ensure systems are suitable for the organization’s HSS Connect, patient access and physician’s practice needs
- Assume responsibility for developing and documenting internal procedures used in conjunction with Salesforce applications; play an integral role in supporting the HSS adoption and engagement strategy (i.e., train, support and optimize access, referrals, scheduling, clinical, financial & practice management solutions)
- Provide on-site support during go-live and system upgrade scenarios; provide on-call support on a rotating basis
- Assist with all Quality Assurance processes including change management and testing efforts; participate in disaster recovery measures
- Participate in user meetings, in-services and internal team meetings; Provide subject-matter-expert knowledge transfer to colleagues
- Remain current on Salesforce technologies and obtain certification in Salesforce applications as warranted
- Comfortable indoor area
- Sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about the department
- Ability to travel to and from mid-town Manhattan to the main Hospital campus and various offsite locations as requiredQualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience required and at least 1 year of related application experience
- Detail oriented with the ability to understand and clearly document complex use cases and workflows.
- Experience driving consensus among diverse sets of stakeholders to include technical and non-technical people.
- Experience acting as a business analyst in an Agile software development environment and experience with Agile software development principles.
- At least 1 year of healthcare experience required
- Solid understanding of the operational practices of customer relationship management solutions, scheduling, referrals, patient access for certain types of visits, and how these practices relate to the medical record flow for appointments
- Familiarity with business integration points, including new patient creation, appointment scheduling, registration, benefits, referrals, PCP assignment and referral orders
- Driven to expand on current healthcare IT knowledge and expertise
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and pragmatic; a team player who is analytical and solution-focused
- Superior oral, written and non-verbal communication skills; ability to forge and maintain strong professional relationships
- Expert level proficiency with MS Office, including: Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Ability to contribute to meetings, prioritize issues, resolve conflicts, manage project plan and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain/maintain Salesforce Certification(s) essential to their function
- Flexibility to work an expanded work schedule, including early mornings, nights & possibly weekends during major implementation and support efforts
- Ability to conduct detailed assessment of current state workflows & develop efficient future state workflows
- Master’s or advanced degree preferred
- Certified in one or more applications, must maintain certification on an ongoing basis
- Epic application experience
- Kyruus scheduling application experience
- Current Salesforce Certification(s) strongly preferred
- 3+ years working in a healthcare patient access, registration & scheduling environment
- Prior experience implementing, teaching and supporting clinical and non-clinical users with new applications in a hospital environment is optimal
- Cross-application integration experience is highly desired
- Assessment and change management/transformation experience preferred
- Experience and participation in at least one full implementation lifecycle
Hospital for Special Surgery