Salesforce Business Analyst
null, Remote, US
- Take the lead in eliciting, identifying, and evaluating business and system requirements for PURE’s Salesforce cloud application as well as other integrated systems.
- Define and document clear and concise business requirements that describe business scenarios and processes in language understandable to both technical and domain stakeholders.
- Own the requirements through their full lifecycle. Ensure that requirements are clearly documented; reviewed and approved by the business community; managed and updated under change control; and developed, tested, and implemented to meet the true business needs.
- Prepare user acceptance test (UAT) plans, scenarios, and test cases where applicable. Ensure the UAT plans, roles and responsibilities are well documented and communicated. Follow through with UAT testing resources to ensure timely completion and resolve issues found during UAT.
- Work closely with our internal IT team to assist in the analysis and resolution of production support issues, document them in Rally, and provide timely follow-up to questions from the Agile team.
- This position requires interaction with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- “Be in the moment” with our clients to help them identify unforeseen areas for improvement, whether a process improvement or a system enhancement.
- Liaise closely with Product Owners to manage expectations and deliverables. Use influence to ensure outcomes meet all of the stakeholder's needs.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Has 3-5 years of related work experience (preference for property and casualty insurance experience)
- Experience working with Salesforce cloud application, certification is a plus
- Experience with agile/scrum methodology
- Is self-motivated, “roll up your sleeves”, a quick learner, and self-directed – willing to work hard to make their projects successful
- Creative thinker with strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills
- Needs only general instructions on work; can walk into a problem and analyze the underlying issue, and use judgment, creativity, and sound knowledge to develop and recommend solutions.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can manage change and conflicts and still be able to work well within a team-oriented, collaborative environment to accomplish identified goals and manages their time and priorities with finesse
- Can influence internal customers to balance their requirements against what’s most appropriate for a world-class organization, and find the right compromise
- Makes a commitment to ensure that a customer’s needs are met by taking personal responsibility for service and quality
- Is fluent with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, and Visio
- Has intermediate SQL query abilities
- Software development lifecycle experience