Salesforce Solutions Architect
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
$81,000 - $84,000
Salesforce Solutions Architect
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Salesforce Solutions Architect is responsible for designing, managing and supporting the flow of data through Salesforce. Like many nonprofits, Ceres’ reporting requirements consist of both grant-specific metrics and Ceres’ own programmatic aspirations. The data used for grant reporting, program-related management and internal planning metrics are critical to the operational health of Ceres, and the Salesforce Solutions Architect is to be its steward. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who excels at mapping data models to support complex business processes.
In a more front-end capacity, the Salesforce Solutions Architect is responsible for managing our team of Salesforce Administrators to support a consistent and user-friendly interface for the platform. Collectively, the team will be responsible for staying up-to-date with feature releases, evaluating their utility and implementing system enhancements as needed. There is substantial design opportunity across both the data model and user-facing aspects of the system.
The Salesforce Solutions Architect is responsible for developing the Salesforce environment as part of a broader data management strategy. Additional consideration will be given to the use and management of data from external sources, integration opportunities and data requirements for both exploratory analysis and tracking of KPIs.
- Lead data management and migration projects
- Develop, maintain, and review data processes and architecture for both on-premise and cloud-based data systems
- Conduct team reviews and recommend data modeling, administrative, and design improvements
- Demonstrate ability to learn and research advanced data technologies and concepts, learning new skills and software as necessary
- Supervise 2-3 team members to include hiring, onboarding, professional development, regular reviews.
- Work closely with team members to optimize database queries
- Demonstrate high-level knowledge of enterprise IT organizational, business, and technical environments
- Produce highly detailed document artifacts and maintain them for the duration of projects
- Assess all risks and offer mitigation strategies, communicating impacts to project across multiple channels
- Interpret client functional and informational needs and turn them into data requirements, process models, and active systems
- Support assigned systems throughout transition periods
- Salesforce training for new users
- Minimum of seven years of work experience, with at least 3 years of experience in IT operations
- Possess a client-focused attitude through conversations and documentation
- Experience cultivating effective and productive supervisory relationships with direct reports across gender identity, race, ethnicity, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrate deep data integration and/or migration experience with Salesforce.com and other cloud-enabled tools
- Experience with data management, governance, security, quality and related tools desired.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills across multiple levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex business processes into relevant data models
- Coordinate management activities with others on the team
- Experience with full-fledged data warehouse or data mart models
- Experience with both dimensional and 3rd normal form data modeling, data integration, and reporting
- Ability to evaluate workload and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines projects
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
- Discretion in working with confidential information
The hiring salary range for this position is $81,000.00-$84,000.00.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time