Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
$44,127 - $83,073
TBC is looking for a Salesforce Administrator to support and lead the ongoing development of our salesforce.com deployment/utilization. The successful candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using the salesforce.com platform. You will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify develop and deploy new business processes. This role is part technical, part administrator and part Salesforce analyst. You will be responsible for the executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform.
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce.com data feeds and other integrations
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests.
- Work with our institutional management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Salesforce.com Administrator certification is required
- Minimum three years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Developer certifications preferred
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Competitive compensation
- 401k plan with a company match. Immediate 100% vesting
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Company paid short term disability and employer subsidized long term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Discounted tire and automotive services
- And more!
TBC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Work Environment.
For 60 years, TBC Corporation (TBC), one of North America's largest marketers of automotive replacement tires, has been a tire company ahead of the curve. Through worldwide operations spanning wholesale, retail, and franchise, TBC also provides automotive maintenance and repair services with best-in-class brands. TBC meets the needs of consumers in search of total car care at more than 3,200 franchised and company-operated tire and automotive service centers under the brands NTB®, Tire Kingdom®, Merchant's Tire®, Big O Tires® and Midas®. TBC serves wholesale customers in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Mexico and the Middle East through NTW, TBC Brands, TBC Dealer Group, TBC International and TBC de Mexico.