Senior Manager, Systems (CRM)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
$67,542 - $125,787
Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
We invest hundreds of millions in technology so we can develop state-of-the-art solutions for our customers. As the Senior Manager, Systems (CRM), you’ll be responsible for the overall design, development and implementation of projects for OneCRM including Salesforce.com, AppExchange partners and Force.com development. You’ll provide the lead role in OneCRM development processes and implementation of continuous process improvement efforts. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and GXO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Lead BI initiatives of various sizes in capacity and resource planning, project plans, project tracking, status reporting and actively influencing work efforts
- Lead cross-functional project teams to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights by applying statistical and predictive analytics
- Utilize BI tools to curate data, develop visualizations and other solutions that allow data to be analyzed and actioned
- Manage team budgets, oversee project plans, authorize expenditures, monitor allocation and resources
- Champion standardization, integration and ubiquity of analytical tools and processes while continuously improving the quality and usability of information assets by identifying new data sets and experimenting with newer technologies/tools in the data analytics space
- Actively participate in determining customer requirements, developing solutions, assessing project viability and estimating new work effort
- Collaborate with other BI teams to define, adapt and align technical standards and best practices
- Partner with IT and business teams to ensure data analysis, research and interpretation is accurate and consistent across groups and tools
- Oversee the creation, support and maintenance of analytics and data warehouse portfolio assets, including data models, data flow architecture, application schemas, KPIs, reports, dashboards and end-user documentation
- Manage the lifecycle of BI tools and the assets created with them, accounting for changing business requirements, industry best practices and competitor capability
- Effectively manage team, including hiring, coaching, performance reviews and developing individuals to increase bench strength and flexibility of teams
- Vendor management to include relationship management, product roadmap, support issue resolution and contract negotiation
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience supporting CRM systems in a fast-paced business intelligence and analytics development environment
- Leadership experience
- Solid understanding of BI/data warehouse concepts
- Experience using BI tools and developing technical BI data solutions
It’d be great if you also have:
- MBA or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
- Familiarity with cloud services like Google Cloud, Snowflake, AWS, Azure cloud, etc., and streaming analytics using Spark, Kafka and Storm
- Experience with machine learning, such as k-nearest neighbors, Random Forests, ensemble methods and their corresponding implementation packages in R , Python, etc.
- Transportation or logistics industry experience
- Disciplined approach to testing software and data, identifying data anomalies and correcting both data errors and their root causes
- Experience with Microsoft BI stack
- Experience with patterns for time variance and generic vs. explicit data structures, standards-based approaches for object names and data types and using logical data models to document and explain business objectives
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.